Author Topic: Rush: We Don’t See the Effort, Senator McConnell  (Read 768 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: We Don’t See the Effort, Senator McConnell
« on: August 09, 2017, 06:47:49 pm »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2017/08/09/we-dont-see-the-effort-senator-mcconnell/

We Don’t See the Effort, Senator McConnell

Aug 9, 2017

RUSH: How about Mitch McConnell? Have you heard this? McConnell says… He’s the Senate majority leader, for those of you in Rio Linda. You know, I suspect that people in Rio Linda know this. Mitch McConnell said the reason why they’re not getting anything done is because expectations have been raised way too high, and these artificial time limits, they just don’t work. This is not how legislation gets done. You don’t impose artificial timelines, and then you don’t set these awfully too-high expectations.

Senator McConnell, you know, we’ve spoken on the phone many times, and you know I respect you. But, sir, that’s not why any of this is happening. The reason why this is happening is, “Hey, we can’t stop Obamacare ’til you give us Senate.” So we gave you the Senate. Then you said, “We can’t stop Obamacare. We can’t get rid of it ’til we get the White House.” So you’ve got the White House!

Now you’re telling us you can’t repeal Obamacare ’til you get 60 votes in the Senate. For seven years, you’ve been play-voting repeal it. For seven years, you had no compunction whatsoever to send up a repeal-Obamacare bill that you knew was gonna get vetoed. No, the reason people are upset here is because of what you’ve said that you were gonna do. It’s not because of artificial timelines or expectations have been raised too high — and if the expectations are raised too high, it’s you guys in Congress that have actually done that.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. Here’s Senator McConnell. This is in Florence, Kentucky. He was addressing the Rotary Club.

MCCONNELL: I know everybody saying, “You’ve been there, haven’t done anything,” which, uhhhh, I find extremely irritating.

RUSH: Right.

MCCONNELL: Part of the reason I think that the storyline is that we haven’t done much is because, in part, the president and others have set these early timelines about things need to be done by a certain point. Now, our new president, of course, has not been in this line of work before.

RUSH: Oh, here we go!

MCCONNELL: Part of the reason I think people feel like we’re under — underperforming is because too many kind of artificial deadlines unrelated to the reality or complexity of legislating may not have been fully understood.

RUSH: There you go. He also said that the expectations were too high. But so you see here, “Well, the president set these early timelines. He’s a new president who has not been in this line of work before. Part of the reason I think people feel that we’re underperforming, too me artificial…” No, no, no. Senator, it doesn’t matter that Trump is president. It doesn’t matter! For seven years, Republicans everywhere have been promising — except for Kasich (snorts) — to repeal and replace Obamacare. And with every election victory, another excuse was offered.

When you get the House back? “Well, we can’t really do it ’til we get the Senate.” (chuckling) So Republican voters gave you the Senate, and then after that the excuse was, “Well, Obama’s still gonna veto it. We really can’t do anything.” We started getting the idea you don’t want to replace Obamacare. You don’t want to repeal it or replace it because the excuses for not doing so were rapid fire. I mean, it didn’t take long after each victory for another excuse to be launched.

“Well, we need the Senate.”

Gave you the Senate.

“Weeeeell, we don’t have the White House.”

Gave you the White House.

Now it’s, “We don’t have 60 votes in the Senate.”

It’s nothing to do with artificial timelines or the president not being in this line of work. I don’t know how this is gonna fly. I don’t know how the Rotary Club in Florence, Kentucky, took this. But I’ll tell you, I’ve had a thought. As I said, I know Senator McConnell and I’ve spoken to him. He’s been very helpful over the course of recent years. There have been phone calls not on the air, but about legislation, about Senate procedure and so forth. He’s been educational in that regard. But I’ll tell you, something I can’t overlook.

You talk about Senate procedure?

You talk about leadership?

Okay, we’ve got Collins and Murkowski. Where is the effort to turn them? Where is the effort to go get…? Okay, if you’ve got 52 Republicans and, say, six of them are not really on board with the other 46, where’s the leadership effort to go to them and do what you can to get ’em on team, get ’em on board? Or do you just sit there, “Well, Collins, she’s never going to vote for it. No way.” Why have leadership? Maybe there are efforts to turn them; I don’t know. But it just doesn’t seem like there are. I mean, when you boil it all down, it just seems inescapable that the Senate and the House majority do not want to repeal Obamacare. That’s what’s obvious.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Rush: We Don’t See the Effort, Senator McConnell
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 07:10:22 pm »
McConnell hates being Majority Leader, he'd much rather be the Minority Leader, and get all the perks, with none of the responsibility.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 07:11:12 pm »
It is beyond time, for his colleagues to replace McConnell. He was effective playing defense as minority guy, but not since.

He has a conflict of interest with his wife in the cabinet. He has failed to deliver. Now he makes pathetic excuses.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 09:04:02 pm »
McConnell didn't make the least amount of effort to turn McCain.  McCain's excuse for the last vote was "The AZ Governor didn't like the bill because it didn't go far enough."  One call from McConnell, and another from Gov. Ducey's pal Trump would have thrown that excuse in the dustbin, but nobody even tried.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: