Author Topic: FBI conducted predawn raid of former Trump campaign chairman Manafort’s home  (Read 904 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
FBI agents raided the Alexandria home of President Trump’s former campaign chairman late last month, using a search warrant to seize documents and other materials, according to people familiar with the special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-conducted-predawn-raid-of-former-trump-campaign-chairman-manaforts-home/2017/08/09/5879fa9c-7c45-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.76f975c424ec

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Oh boy. :eatdrink:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Strange when they question the Clintons they make appointments and allow the destruction of evidence.

Its almost like the FBI is politicized,  hmmmmmm.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Manafort has insisted that he has never received any illicit cash payments. But he has a "pattern" of using shell companies to purchase homes "in all-cash deals," as WNYC has reported, and then transferring those properties into his own name for no money and taking out large mortgages against them.[p]

With all that laundering, at least the place smells fresh and clean.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline skeeter

Strange when they question the Clintons they make appointments and allow the destruction of evidence.

By all accounts Manafort has been voluntarily cooperating with the investigation.

This how the special prosecutor scam goes - one party is targeted, increasingly pressured, then offered leniency if they roll over on someone higher up. And on up the ladder.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Ya Think????
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
FBI raids former Trump campaign chair's home, seizes notes, documents
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 06:17:35 pm »
FBI agents raided the Virginia home of Paul Manafort, President Trump’s former campaign chairman in late July, taking documents and other materials related to the investigation into Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election, Fox News has confirmed.

“FBI agents executed a search warrant at one of Mr. Manafort’s residences,” Manafort’s spokesperson Jason Maloni, confirmed to Fox News. “Mr. Manafort has consistently cooperated with law enforcement and other serious inquiries and did so on this occasion as well.”

The Washington Post first reported the early morning raid.

Armed with a search warrant, federal agents went to Manafort’s Alexandria home during the predawn hours of July 26 – one day after he met voluntarily with members of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

The search warrant seems to indicate that investigators may have had reason to believe Manafort could not be trusted to turn over all of the records requested in response to a grand jury subpoena, the Post reported, citing people familiar with the special counsel investigation.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller has cranked up the intensity and legal pressure on Manafort on a series of unrelated investigations into various aspects of his personal and professional life, the Post reported.

As a lobbyist and political consultant in the 1980s, Manafort worked with international clients including two dictators.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/09/fbi-raids-former-trump-campaign-chairs-home-seizes-notes-documents-washington-post-reports.html
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

Spokesman has confirmed it...

http://www.news9.com/story/36097426/fbi-conducted-raid-of-paul-manaforts-home

"FBI agents executed a search warrant at one of Mr. Manafort's residences. Mr. Manafort has consistently cooperated with law enforcement and other serious inquiries and did so on this occasion as well," said Manafort spokesman Jason Maloni.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: FBI raids former Trump campaign chair's home, seizes notes, documents
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 09:11:18 pm »
Spokesman has confirmed it...

http://www.news9.com/story/36097426/fbi-conducted-raid-of-paul-manaforts-home
"FBI agents executed a search warrant at one of Mr. Manafort's residences. Mr. Manafort has consistently cooperated with law enforcement and other serious inquiries and did so on this occasion as well," said Manafort spokesman Jason Maloni.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

On that I agree.