Author Topic: 6 Benefits of Being a Slow Runner  (Read 382 times)

rangerrebew

6 Benefits of Being a Slow Runner
« on: August 09, 2017, 11:35:08 am »

6 Benefits of Being a Slow Runner
Pace is nothing but a number.

By Alissa Rumsey, Contributor | Aug. 1, 2017, at 10:40 a.m.

My first memories of running are from elementary school. Each year we had to run a timed mile in gym class. I would dread that day for weeks and would try to come up with any excuse to get out of participating. Why? Because I was slow. Painfully slow. Think last-kid-in-the-class slow. It was mortifying, and for years to come, I was self-conscious about my slow run times.

Many of my clients have similar stories. While they don't hate running, they feel like it's not worth it because they are so slow. But this couldn't be further from the truth. Running can be a simple, beneficial exercise for many people. Slow or fast, you'll still reap loads of benefits. And if you are slow, you certainly won't be alone: A recent report found that American runners have clocked markedly slower race times over the past 20 years. So before you ditch your running shoes, consider why slow running can actually be a good thing:

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/blogs/eat-run/articles/2017-08-01/6-benefits-of-being-a-slow-runner