Author Topic: Trump warns N. Korea it will face 'fire and fury'  (Read 7124 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump warns N. Korea it will face 'fire and fury'
« on: August 08, 2017, 09:12:11 pm »
President Trump on Tuesday sternly warned North Korea that it would face “fire and fury like the world has never seen” if it continues to threaten the United States, as his administration grapples with unsettling news of a possible nuclear breakthrough by the Stalinist regime.

“North Korea [had] best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump told reporters at his golf resort in Bedminster, N.J. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un “has been very threatening, beyond a normal statement,” Trump said, “and as I said, they will be met with fire, fury and, frankly, power the likes of which this world has never seen before.”

The president’s comments came after multiple U.S. news reports and one Japanese government report suggested that North Korea may have developed a miniaturized nuclear warhead that can fit atop one of its intercontinental ballistic missiles. The U.S. reports, citing anonymous American officials, hinged on an undisclosed Defense Intelligence Agency analysis from last month. The Washington Post was the first to report on the development.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-warns-n-korea-will-face-fire-fury-201625086.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

Re: Trump warns N. Korea it will face 'fire and fury'
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 09:58:37 pm »
Trump takes heat for 'fire and fury' remarks on North Korea

By Joe Concha - 08/08/17 05:43 PM EDT

Members of political media on Tuesday mocked President Trump's stern warning to North Korea against threatening the U.S., saying the language he used sounded more like a statement out of Pyongyang.

“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Trump said to reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

The reaction from left- and right-leaning media followed quickly afterwards.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/345807-trump-takes-heat-for-fire-and-fury-remarks-on-north-korea
Jay Caruso‏Verified account @JayCaruso · 2h2 hours ago 

"I dare you!"

"No, I dare you!"

"I double-dare you!"

"I triple-dare you!"

"I tripled-dog-dare you!"

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:59:11 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 10:03:50 pm »
Nice to hear some Smack talk coming from the WH. 

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 10:09:08 pm »
Trump takes heat for 'fire and fury' remarks on North Korea

By Joe Concha - 08/08/17 05:43 PM EDT

Members of political media on Tuesday mocked President Trump's stern warning to North Korea

Kerry brought James Taylor to France after Charlie Hebdo to sing You've Got A Friend.  Maybe Tillerson can get him to do Fire And Rain in Seoul.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 10:22:40 pm »
Kerry brought James Taylor to France after Charlie Hebdo to sing You've Got A Friend.  Maybe Tillerson can get him to do Fire And Rain in Seoul.

More like Toby Keith - Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American).  We will put a boot in your ass....

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 10:37:50 pm »
More like Toby Keith - Courtesy Of The Red, White And Blue (The Angry American).  We will put a boot in your ass....

The battle anthem for keyboard warriors with dial up who use phrases like 'them there.'

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 10:57:54 pm »
What ever happened to 'speak softly and carry a big stick'? I guess you speak loudly if you have a tiny.. hand...

In the past, there used to be no doubt of our power. We didn't need to brag, we just were (maybe pop off a few tests here and there as a reminder). Lil'Kim is nuts though, words will do noting for a crazy guy like him.

Maybe Trump is playing the crazy angle. If China thinks our leader is as crazy as Lil'Kim, they may take care of the problem before we pop off some nukes south of their border.

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 11:01:58 pm »
What ever happened to 'speak softly and carry a big stick'? I guess you speak loudly if you have a tiny.. hand...

In the past, there used to be no doubt of our power. We didn't need to brag, we just were (maybe pop off a few tests here and there as a reminder). Lil'Kim is nuts though, words will do noting for a crazy guy like him.

Maybe Trump is playing the crazy angle. If China thinks our leader is as crazy as Lil'Kim, they may take care of the problem before we pop off some nukes south of their border.

Time to meet crazy talk with crazy talk and see who walks.  . 

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 11:07:28 pm »
If China thinks our leader is as crazy as Lil'Kim, they may take care of the problem before we pop off some nukes south of their border.

They've already moved 150K troops to the border.  Doesn't seem like a lot, unless they're in place to control refugee spillover.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 11:17:22 pm »
The battle anthem for keyboard warriors with dial up who use phrases like 'them there.'

I think those of us inside the reported range of Kim's ICBMs, which he's now openly threatening to use, can rightfully  claim something beyond 'keyboard warrior' status.

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 11:36:52 pm »
It's BS.  Their capabilities are being vastly overhyped by them and overrated by the news.  Their guidance couldn't hit Guam and their re-entry vehicle can't make it here without burning up.  The last one flared out on steep re-entry.  The shallow angle required to reach CONUS would put it under more stress.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 11:41:01 pm »
It's BS.  Their capabilities are being vastly overhyped by them and overrated by the news.  Their guidance couldn't hit Guam and their re-entry vehicle can't make it here without burning up.  The last one flared out on steep re-entry.  The shallow angle required to reach CONUS would put it under more stress.

Interesting. Do you have a source besides the NYT?

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 11:41:28 pm »

None of this matters.  The die has been cast.  Time to put a boot in Kims ass.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 11:45:35 pm »
I would like to remind everyone who we must thank for the Norks having ICBM technology.

Mr. & Mrs. William Jefferson Blythe Clinton and their pals at Loral Space.

We can think the Chinese,  Iranians and the Pakis for the nukes they let their unstable bastard child have.

And.... a special thanks to His Heinous, Barrack Hussein Obama - for helping to place all the powder stores around the globe and lighting the fuse.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 11:50:57 pm »
N. Korea now threatening a preemptive strike on Guam.
This is their response after "fire and fury" Trump.

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2017, 11:54:19 pm »
N. Korea now threatening a preemptive strike on Guam.
This is their response after "fire and fury" Trump.

Are you scared or just being a drama queen?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 11:57:01 pm »
I would like to remind everyone who we must thank for the Norks having ICBM technology.

We can think the Chinese,  Iranians and the Pakis for the nukes they let their unstable bastard child have.

And.... a special thanks to His Heinous, Barrack Hussein Obama - for helping to place all the powder stores around the globe and lighting the fuse.

Absolutely!   Thanks fo the reminding us about Bill Clinton selling the technology to China for campaign cash!

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/265200/flashback-bill-clinton-gave-china-missile-matthew-vadum
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:02:28 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 11:58:04 pm »
None of this matters.  The die has been cast.  Time to put a boot in Kims ass.

It matters quite a bit, especially if a threat is going to be ginned up as imminent when it's not - especially if it's to boost flagging admin support.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2017, 12:01:22 am »
It matters quite a bit, especially if a threat is going to be ginned up as imminent when it's not - especially if it's to boost flagging admin support.

The administration must have Russia and China on board with all this 'ginning' then, as they just voted in favor of sanctions against the north which, from what I understand, is pretty unprecedented.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2017, 12:01:34 am »

So let's say their guidance is screwed up but they shoot off one towards Guam. Based on their current flight times, a screwed up nuke could easily fall well short of its target and land in Japan. Straight line from NORK to Guam takes it right over the main islands of Japan including one of its largest towns, Osaka. If it goes wrong and goes more south west, it is crashing into South Korea. If it goes just a bit north west, it is crashing into Tokyo.  And I don't even want to know what happens if it goes further south west and crashes into Shanghai.

The German V2 rockets were guided by clockwork, gyroscope and simple calculus and we know what that did to London.

Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2017, 12:01:39 am »

Sounds like you are having a tinfoil moment.  Enjoy.

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2017, 12:06:31 am »

The timeline of nuclear development supports cooperation between Iran and North Korea, rather than an exchange with China.  Still, that falls into the lap of Clinton, with the disastrous Operation Merlin in 2000.

Offline edpc

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2017, 12:13:05 am »
Sounds like you are having a tinfoil moment.

More like justified skepticism of an admin that has yet to demonstrate it can find its own ass with both hands and a map.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2017, 12:15:51 am »

People been saying they can't do this or do that for years.  Yet they do it.  They've gone from a rocket that blows up on the launch pad to an icbm faster then we did.  They are getting help.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Wingnut

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 12:16:18 am »
More like justified skepticism of an admin that has yet to demonstrate it can find its own ass with both hands and a map.

Whatever keeps you awake thu the night.    :whistle: