Author Topic: HBO hackers demand $6 million in ransom for stolen files  (Read 463 times)

Offline corbe

HBO hackers demand $6 million in ransom for stolen files
« on: August 08, 2017, 12:12:14 pm »

HBO hackers demand $6 million in ransom for stolen files

By  Camila DeChalus 
 13 Minutes Ago

The hackers known as "Mr.Smith" struck again on Monday and published more stolen HBO files and internal documents online. The hackers are demanding over $6 million in ransom from HBO in order to prevent them for releasing more stolen files.

"Mr.Smith" published the stolen files on Monday detailing the scripts from five 'Game of Thrones' episodes, including one upcoming episode. The stolen files also included emails allegedly from HBO's Vice President for Film Programming Leslie Cohen and internal documents of legal claims against top executives.

<..snip..>

https://www.circa.com/story/2017/08/08/hollywood/hbo-hackers-demand-6-million-in-ransom-for-stolen-files
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Re: HBO hackers demand $6 million in ransom for stolen files
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 08:45:23 am »
Where do you find all of these things?  You would be a great reporter/writer on your own!

I don't have time to watch "Game off Thrones" because baseball takes up my time.  But it's popularity is something of legends.

Pretty soon hackers will be hacking other hackers just to see who is the best hacker.  It may become a new television series called [drumroll, please] "The Hackers."

So we can no longer use our credit cards for fear of hackers, HBO's "Thrones" has been hacked. What the heck is next?

I can barely post! Half of my posts go somewhere, I don't really know where, but sometimes I find them unposted days later. They just show up!

Then we have these hackers.  Where did they learn this?

I am blabbering.  Where is @Freya?  Don't mind me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:47:37 am by Slip18 »
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline DB

Re: HBO hackers demand $6 million in ransom for stolen files
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 08:54:57 am »
I think HBO should offer $6 million for the hackers heads.

Make an example out of them.