Author Topic: Chicago to Sue Trump Admin Over Sanctuary Cities Funding  (Read 442 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chicago to Sue Trump Admin Over Sanctuary Cities Funding
« on: August 05, 2017, 02:30:20 pm »
By Todd Beamon   |   Friday, 04 Aug 2017 09:08 PM

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel said Friday that he will sue the Trump administration in federal court over plans announced by Attorney General Jeff Sessions to withhold funds to sanctuary cities.

"We are not going to be between picking our values of who we are as a welcoming city, and strengthening our police department," Emanuel told WLS-AM in an interview to be broadcast Sunday, The Chicago Tribune reports.

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-chicago-sue-trump-administration/2017/08/04/id/805973/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Chicago to Sue Trump Admin Over Sanctuary Cities Funding
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:47:34 pm »
I don't see how  the idiot mayor can win.  Threats to withhold fed. funding have been used by the gov. for decades to get cities and states to fall in line with what they wanted.  The cities and states were free not to accept the fed. funding.
I'd not only like to see fed. funding withheld, I'd like to see mayors like Emanuel and others led away in handcuffs for defying fed. laws on immigration.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:48:06 pm by goatprairie »

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 11:07:47 pm »
Dead Fish and his lying brother should be swimming with the fishes.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 01:19:09 am »
I don't see how  the idiot mayor can win.  Threats to withhold fed. funding have been used by the gov. for decades to get cities and states to fall in line with what they wanted.  The cities and states were free not to accept the fed. funding.
I'd not only like to see fed. funding withheld, I'd like to see mayors like Emanuel and others led away in handcuffs for defying fed. laws on immigration.

Pittsburgh's mayor has been making noises about turning the city into a sanctuary.  If Chicago suffers a beatdown in court, perhaps he will realize making Pittsburgh a sanctuary isn't such a good idea.   
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:19:51 am by Applewood »