Author Topic: Save Texas History Symposium Marks the Centennial of World War I  (Read 984 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Veterans Blog

Join us for the 8th Annual Save Texas History Symposium brought to you by the Save Texas History program at the Texas General Land Office (GLO).

This year marks the centennial of American involvement in World War I, in which Texas, and Texans, had a major effect on the American war effort at home and abroad.

Learn about the Zimmerman Telegram, the 36th Infantry and the Battleship Texas. Understand wartime propaganda, and how the news affected American perceptions of the war. Discover the Women’s Peace Movement, the Riots at Camp Logan and so much more.

The event begins on Friday, September 15, with a four-hour Texas World War I Resources Workshop at the GLO. The workshop includes a tour of the GLO archives and several lectures about resources for World War I research. Speakers will include Tonia Wood and Richard Gilreath, both archivists with the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, Ben Wright, Assistant Director for Communication at the Briscoe Center for American History at The University of Texas at Austin, Lisa Sharik, the Deputy Director of the Texas Military Forces Museum at Camp Mabry, and Dr. Lila Rakoczy of the Texas Historical Commission. This workshop is free only for symposium registrants.

More: https://medium.com/texas-veterans-blog/save-texas-history-symposium-marks-the-centennial-of-world-war-i-fde6fd1535bf

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Save Texas History Symposium Marks the Centennial of World War I
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 02:06:17 pm »
That looks very interesting.  Thanks, @Elderberry.