Author Topic: Lindsey Graham: Trump “told me” he will bomb North Korea if it keeps testing missiles  (Read 1480 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Lindsey Graham: Trump “told me” he will bomb North Korea if it keeps testing missiles
“If thousands die, they’re going to die over there.”
Updated by Zack Beauchamp@zackbeauchampzack@vox.com Aug 1, 2017, 12:29pm EDT

On Tuesday morning, Sen. Lindsey Graham said that President Trump is willing to go to war with North Korea to stop it from being able to hit the American mainland with a nuclear weapon.

“There is a military option: to destroy North Korea’s nuclear program and North Korea itself,” Graham told the Today show’s Matt Lauer. “He’s not going to allow — President Trump — the ability of this madman [Kim Jong Un] to have a missile that could hit America.

“If there’s going to be a war to stop him, it will be over there,” Graham continued. “If thousands die, they’re going to die over there. They’re not going to die over here — and he’s told me that to my face.”

Graham’s press office confirmed that the senator was, in fact, reciting the details of a conversation he had with the president. According to Graham, the president “doesn’t want a war” — but would be willing to start one that would kill millions of people in the region if it came down to it.

Continued: https://www.vox.com/world/2017/8/1/16075198/trump-lindsey-graham-north-korea-war

Graham has been in the news a lot today over what he said, check other stories. Maybe someone posted about this in one of the other forums.

Sounds like he's getting quite a bit of flack over this. He's usually not in the news like this over things he says.

I thought Voxx leaned left but this article looks okay.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:39:30 am by TomSea »

Wingnut

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This may be deliberate.  It is certainly not a bad thing if China and North Korea believe Trump will bomb NK to take out its nuke and/or ballistic missile programs.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:26:05 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I do not believe a word that comes out of Lindsey's mouth these days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
If we do it right, the war won't have to kill millions of people.
All of the following need to be taken out
in the opening minutes of the operation:

- The artillery within range of striking South Korea
- Anti-aircraft defenses
- Submarines
- Missile stockpiles
- Kim Jong Un

Unlike the fat, little lunatic,
we have no desire to target civilians.

South Korea is well-equipped by language and culture
to keep peace in North Korea  after the lunatic regime is gone.
I see no need for U.S. ground troops to enter North Korea.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline TomSea

There are many articles on this:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-korea/sen-lindsey-graham-trump-says-war-north-korea-option-n788396

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/08/lindsey-graham-north-korea/535578/

Even Hannity.com covered this:

Lindsey Graham: Trump Prepared to 'Destroy North Korea' Over Missile Tests
posted by Hannity.com Staff - 20 hours ago

Senator Lindsey Graham said during a recent interview that President Trump “told him” the United States was prepared to destroy “North Korea’s [weapons] program and North Korea itself” should Kim Jong Un continue to test intercontinental ballistic missiles.

The Senator made the “provocative” comments while speaking with NBC’s ‘Today’ show, saying the President personally told him the United States was prepared to go to war with the communist nation over its continued weapons programs.

“President Trump has said I will not allow them to get an ICBM with a nuclear weapon on top to hit America. They are headed that way. The only way they are going to change is if they believe there is a credible threat of military force on the table,” said Graham.

More: http://www.hannity.com/content/2017-08-01-lindsey-graham-trump-prepared-to-destroy-north-korea-over-missile-tests/

Feinstein says Lindsey Graham should get classified briefings before saying these things:
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/08/01/feinstein_lindsey_graham_should_get_a_classified_briefing_before_talking_about_attacking_north_korea_no_good_military_options.html

Feinstein: Lindsey Graham Should Get A Classified Briefing Before Talking About Attacking North Korea; "No Good Military Options"
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date August 1, 2017

Top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein joined MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell Tuesday afternoon to comment on statements made on 'The Today Show' that morning by Sen. Lindsey Graham about North Korea.

"If there’s going to be a war to stop [Kim Jong Un from acquiring nuclear weapons], it will be over there. If thousands die, they’re going to die over there. They’re not going to die here. And [President Trump] has told me that to my face," Graham said Tuesday morning.

Feinstein said: "My reaction is that Lindsey Graham should get a classified briefing, like the ones I have had, and sit down with Secretary Mattis, which I have done."

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

- Anti-aircraft defenses
- Submarines
- Missile stockpiles
- Kim Jong Un

Good in theory.  But we had better have rock solid intelligence, otherwise hundreds of thousands of South Koreans get killed before we can contain the little man with the big head and little member.

It may well have to be done, and soon.  Meanwhile, the MSM is all but ignoring this in favor of Russia collaboration 24/7.

I think Graham was likely sent out to say this and possibly throw a scare into the Chinese and NKoreans.  We will know the administration is getting very close to attacking if Seoul starts having very serious air raid drills, as opposed to the superficial ones they have now.

This little Kabuki dance with North Korea has been going on since the 1950s.  Who knows how many more acts there are?  I don't think an attack by us is imminent, but we are fast approaching the point of no return. 

Offline Suppressed

- Anti-aircraft defenses
- Submarines
- Missile stockpiles
- Kim Jong Un

The assets needed to bring this to fruition would be huge, and would take time for a buildup...a buildup China won't like.   And we'd need RoK support...which would be extremely doubtful.

In fact, much of the RoK doesn't even want unification now.  They don't want that burden.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It is literally impossible to degrade North Korean artillery sufficiently to protect Seoul from catastrophic damage

Offline NavyCanDo

I do not believe a word that comes out of Lindsey's mouth these days!

I dont know what was actually said, but the headline looks to be make-believe. Nothing in tne story had him saying those words.  He has said stupid stuff, and he does nearly daily. So why make stuff up?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mom MD

Good in theory.  But we had better have rock solid intelligence, otherwise hundreds of thousands of South Koreans get killed before we can contain the little man with the big head and little member.

It may well have to be done, and soon.  Meanwhile, the MSM is all but ignoring this in favor of Russia collaboration 24/7.

I think Graham was likely sent out to say this and possibly throw a scare into the Chinese and NKoreans.  We will know the administration is getting very close to attacking if Seoul starts having very serious air raid drills, as opposed to the superficial ones they have now.

This little Kabuki dance with North Korea has been going on since the 1950s.  Who knows how many more acts there are?  I don't think an attack by us is imminent, but we are fast approaching the point of no return.

I read a headline a couple days ago that we are moving our military stationed in ROK south further away from the DMZ.  If true could be one of the warning signs
God is still in control

Offline Suppressed

It is literally impossible to degrade North Korean artillery sufficiently to protect Seoul from catastrophic damage

:thumbsup2:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
As if Linda would be trusted with a burned out match by the POTUS.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline TomSea

I dont know what was actually said, but the headline looks to be make-believe. Nothing in tne story had him saying those words.  He has said stupid stuff, and he does nearly daily. So why make stuff up?

In my opinion, looks like the headlines are accurate, headlines are shorthand for what a news story is about.

Offline TomSea

North Korea's beef has largely been US troops in South Korea I have heard.

So, then, do we capitulate? The stakes are certainly high.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
North Korea's beef has largely been US troops in South Korea I have heard.
So, then, do we capitulate? The stakes are certainly high.

I'm not so sure that that's the real issue for N. Korea.
I suspect that it's just an excuse for their ongoing military buildup.

I strongly doubt that, if the U.S. would withdraw from S. Korea,
N. Korea would say, "Okay the war is really over.  We're at peace now."

I think it's far more likely that N. Korea would say,
"Suckers!  You've disarmed!  Now we destroy you!"

In my opinion, looks like the headlines are accurate, headlines are shorthand for what a news story is about.

Headlines often say the OPPOSITE of what the news story says!
The headline says what the media WANT you to believe!
They count on the fact that many people read ONLY the headline!

They bury the crucial facts deep in the text of the story
to hide it from most people.
That way, they can still claim, "We accurately reported the story"
even though they deceived most of their readers.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao