Author Topic: Opposition Leaders Leopoldo Lopez, Antonio Ledezma Re-Taken in Venezuela  (Read 218 times)

Offline Suppressed

Opposition Leaders Leopoldo Lopez, Antonio Ledezma Re-Taken in Venezuela
In simultaneous but separate raids after midnight, the Secret Police SEBIN took the two opposition figures, both of whom had been under house arrest (VIDEO)
http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=2441061&CategoryId=10718

CARACAS – The Bolivarian Intelligence Service (SEBIN) re-arrested opposition leaders Leopoldo Lopez, of the Voluntad Popular (VP) party, and Antonio Ledezma, of the Alianza Bravo Pueblo (ABP) party, sources close to the two had reported early Tuesday.

“They have just taken Lopez from the house,” Lopez’s wife Lilian Tintori had tweeted earlier on Tuesday, holding President Nicolas Maduro responsible if something happened to her husband.

Lawmaker Richard Blanco of the opposition ABP party had tweeted about Ledezma’s detention.

Representatives of the opposition coalition Mesa de la Unidad Democratica (MUD) shared a video on twitter that showed Ledezma being taken from his residence by SEBIN officers.

Excerpt.  Read more and see videos at link.

One video, I found elsewhere.

Antonio Ledezma, mayor of Caracas and opposition leader, being taken from his home at 12:40 am.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn