Author Topic: Roseanne will have a nine-year-old 'gender creative' grandson in TV revival: Casting directors are looking for a child who can play 'sensitive and effeminate'  (Read 628 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Roseanne will have a nine-year-old 'gender creative' grandson in TV revival: Casting directors are looking for a child who can play 'sensitive and effeminate'
Daily Mail/Uk, Jul 31, 2017

When Roseanne returns to the air next year, there will be a new character bending gender norms.

Showbiz411.com reports that the revival will include a 'gender creative' character.

A source told the outlet that the character will be Mark, the 9-year-old son of Darlene and David, played by Sara Gilbert and Johnny Galecki.

Casting directors have been looking for a kid who can play 'sensitive and effeminate' and 'displays qualities of both young female and male traits,' the outlet reports.

The original series followed the working-class Conner family in Illinois, and ran from 1988 to 1997.

Roseanne Barr played the show's title character, while John Goodman played her husband Dan. The series also followed the lives of their three children: Becky, Darlene and D.J.

The addition of a 'gender creative' character will be a big deal since Roseanne will be airing on ABC, a major network, which generally steers away from controversy.

The revival is set to return to the air for an eight-episode run in early 2018.   

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4746788/Roseanne-revival-gender-creative-character.html#ixzz4oSy6OQsy

Offline mountaineer

I once had the misfortune to surf upon an episode of the CBS show, "Two Broke Girls," and saw an extremely effeminate male child of about that age swooshing around the set, making lewd sexual innuendos. A child.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I once had the misfortune to surf upon an episode of the CBS show, "Two Broke Girls," and saw an extremely effeminate male child of about that age swooshing around the set, making lewd sexual innuendos. A child.  **nononono*

There are only two reasons to watch that show, and they're both attached to Kat Dennings.  Despite those assets, the show itself is still unwatchable.  She was actually pretty good in the first Thor movie, though.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Millee

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Casting directors are looking for a child who can play 'sensitive and effeminate'...

If they can wait three and a half years, I know just the guy
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.