Author Topic: Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor  (Read 4627 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Blue-eyed humans have a single, common ancestor
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 03:23:35 pm »
My grandfather had blue eyes, but I have brown.  Does that mean I don't have that single, common ancestor?  :)

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 03:59:39 pm »
I thought the HERC2 and SLC24A4 genes were important, also, with about a dozen other genes involved.  Are they saying that OCA2 was the last mutation, which then triggered the possibility because of previous mutations being in place?  Or am I missing something?

Pośpiech, et al. (2011) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21471978 wrote this:

The study revealed significant interactions of a redundant character between the HERC2 and OCA2 genes affecting determination of hazel eye colour and between HERC2 and SLC24A4 affecting determination of blue eye colour. Our research indicates interactive effects of a synergistic character between HERC2 and OCA2, and also provides evidence for a novel strong synergistic interaction between HERC2 and TYRP1, both affecting determination of green eye colour.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 04:02:15 pm »
Maybe.  Are you heterozygous or homozygous? 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 09:37:16 pm »

No need, there's something rattan in Denmark.

Something wicker this way comes.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2017, 01:37:44 am »
I can't put my finger on it, but these news stories over the past few years about everyone having a single common ancestor strike me as pure hoooey.

I think we have common ancestors...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2017, 02:00:15 am »
Blue-eyed mutant and proud of it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 05:12:07 pm »

I posted:
"People with blue eyes are pretty, bless their hearts, but they do tend to be mentally feeble."

Then I posted:
"But if you go to a normal person's home. Jesus will have normal eyes, as he most likely really did have."

And yet, nobody flamed me. Do I have cooties or what? I have done my best to insult all people with blue eyes (my exwife had blue eyes) and nobody will insult me, or tell me to shut the hell up. Disappointed.

Ok. How about this? People with blue eyes are the spawn of Satan. You want a single common ancestor? I think I found it!

Alright. That should do it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 05:21:24 pm »
I'm an Ashkenazi Jewish guy.  Probably some European in me, but my genetic tests (done because I also carry a single marker for Tays Sach) tell me I am not only Ashkeanzi, origin in Middle East, but Cohen (which I already knew from a very detailed family genealogy).

I have thick black, curly, hair, almost African.  Swarthy white skin (think Greek). 

And bright blue eyes.

@Jewbacca

The Ashkinazi vs. Sephardim Jew issue is a big topic. And it is a very big deal in Israel. I understand how you feel, but at the same time, I seriously doubt that there were blond hair, blue eyed, people running around in the Middle East thousands of years ago. Maybe? I don't know? But it does not seem likely.

Possibly when Esau went North, he gave birth to the Ashkinazim?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2017, 05:21:33 pm »
I posted:
"People with blue eyes are pretty, bless their hearts, but they do tend to be mentally feeble."

Then I posted:
"But if you go to a normal person's home. Jesus will have normal eyes, as he most likely really did have."

And yet, nobody flamed me. Do I have cooties or what? I have done my best to insult all people with blue eyes (my exwife had blue eyes) and nobody will insult me, or tell me to shut the hell up. Disappointed.

Ok. How about this? People with blue eyes are the spawn of Satan. You want a single common ancestor? I think I found it!

Alright. That should do it.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

my exwife had blue eyes

I have done my best to insult all people with blue eyes

And yet, nobody flamed me.

Kick a man when he is down? Castrated? A whimpering, quivering pile of manlessness?

Sure. Why not??

Would you mind signing a waiver?

« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:35:28 pm by bigheadfred »

Offline Jewbacca

• All Wookies Are Jewish
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »

@Jewbacca

The Ashkinazi vs. Sephardim Jew issue is a big topic. And it is a very big deal in Israel. I understand how you feel, but at the same time, I seriously doubt that there were blond hair, blue eyed, people running around in the Middle East thousands of years ago. Maybe? I don't know? But it does not seem likely.

Possibly when Esau went North, he gave birth to the Ashkinazim?

Doubtful.  One, Esau's descendants were not Jewish.  And they went to (more or less) Syria.

And there are plenty of Jews of all descriptions.  King David, notably, had bright red hair and a red beard.

The exact descriptor of Jewish people would be (as described by Hashem Himself in the Torah) -- "a mixed multitude."

Undoubtedly many people went (and slaves taken) to Eqypt, from far afield, and became Jews either by conversion or mixed marriages (which were just fine prior to Mt. Sinai).

But eventually, yes, we did merge into one people.  All Ashenazi are genetically 5th cousins to one another.  Our closest genetic relatives are the Sephadrim and Mizrahim, followed by the Samaritans (who, yes, still exist), Druze, and local Arab populations (who were probably Jewish at one point, and forced to convert first to Nazarine, then muslim).
The residents of Iroquois Territory shall not determine if Jews may  live in Jerusalem.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2017, 11:41:31 pm »
Have a look at the Tarim mummies.  Western Europeans way off over there 4000 years ago. The tales of white gods in central and south America. There was a lot more going on back then than we will probably ever know about. I think the probability of blue-eyed blondes in the ME back then was likely. @240B  @Jewbacca

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 01:00:07 am »
I have problems driving at night since I was about 40. I really don't like driving at night if I don't know where I'm going.
My night driving issues don't come so much from dark as oncoming headlights.

Get me out in the boonies when It's night, and a sliver of moon or even starlight on a clear night, and I'm fine. A full moon is almost like daylight.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 01:04:10 am »
Did you know Quanah Parker had blue eyes too?   Since only his mother was anglo, he should have had his dad's black eyes.

A couple of my wife's uncles (Chippewa) had blue eyes, one had red hair. Red hair runs in the clan.
Brown may be the dominant trait, but there's blue lurking in more than one bloodline. (Mine are best described as "hazel", and run from gray to blue to a greenish blue muddle.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:04:58 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis