Author Topic: Video shows U.S. border officers ordering Mexican teen to drink liquid meth that killed him  (Read 930 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Video shows U.S. border officers ordering Mexican teen to drink liquid meth that killed him
Kristine Phillips, The Washington Post Published 11:56 am, Saturday, July 29, 2017

Cruz Velazquez Acevedo began convulsing shortly after he drank the liquid methamphetamine he'd brought with him from Tijuana, Mexico.

The 16-year-old had just crossed the U.S.-Mexico border to San Diego and was going through the San Ysidro Port of Entry. He was carrying two bottles of liquid that he claimed was apple juice. U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers told him to drink it to prove he wasn't lying, court records say.

A surveillance video published by ABC Friday, about 3 1/2 years after Acevedo's death, shows the teen taking a sip of the liquid after one of the two officers, Valerie Baird, motioned for him to drink. He took another sip after the other officer, Adrian Perallon, made a gesture with his hand, appearing to tell him to drink more.

Continued: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/US-to-pay-family-of-Mexican-teen-in-11715148.php

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Better him than other victims the drug was intended for
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Wingnut

Snapple never killed anyone.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Talk about a biased headline.

Wingnut

Sanctuary Gate.  Expect no less from them when it comes to illegals and the alphabet fruit minorities.

yeah, I recall in my journalism class the power to persuade via headlines.

The one I remember best was 'Woman Found Dead, Husband Sought'.

In reading headline, one has already condemned the husband of murder.  Seems though, he was on a business trip at the time.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online dfwgator

yeah, I recall in my journalism class the power to persuade via headlines.

The one I remember best was 'Woman Found Dead, Husband Sought'.

In reading headline, one has already condemned the husband of murder.  Seems though, he was on a business trip at the time.

Surprised it didn't say, "Trump Administration Orders Mexican Teen to Drink Liquid Meth That Killed Him."

Surprised it didn't say, "Trump Administration Orders Mexican Teen to Drink Liquid Meth That Killed Him."
blurting out the names of the border agents doing their job to protect us is also a bias.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Consider the source of the article.
Y'know which side they're on....?  ;)

Nobody forced the kid to drink.
One less drug smuggler we have to deal with.

Offline Idiot

I saw that story on 20/20 on Friday night.  It seems the 16 yr old Mexican kid was a mule for the cartel.  If he didn't carry the meth to the U.S. then they'd kill his family.  If he was caught...they'd kill his family.  He was in a no win situation, so the report seemed to say.  It was pretty horrible watching him on security video die a horrible death 2 hrs after ingesting the liquid meth.  It also showed the border agents laughing as they allowed him to drink it.  The U.S. govt paid the family of the kid $1 million......

Online dfwgator

I saw that story on 20/20 on Friday night.  It seems the 16 yr old Mexican kid was a mule for the cartel.  If he didn't carry the meth to the U.S. then they'd kill his family.  If he was caught...they'd kill his family.  He was in a no win situation, so the report seemed to say.  It was pretty horrible watching him on security video die a horrible death 2 hrs after ingesting the liquid meth.  It also showed the border agents laughing as they allowed him to drink it.  The U.S. govt paid the family of the kid $1 million......

Ahh, so this was on Obama.

Offline Idiot

You are correct.........

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

To me the blame lies with a kid that got mixed up with a cartel and the cartel itself, why are we paying for their faults. SMH...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
To me the blame lies with a kid that got mixed up with a cartel and the cartel itself, why are we paying for their faults. SMH...

In all fairness, sometimes you just have to be there to get involved.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
You seem naïve about gang activity. They do not give a choice to get "mixed up."

They threaten to kill members of your family on both sides of the border, and they do so often enough to make it very real.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sometimes I think we should just nuke the whole rotten country.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weird wrote:
"Sometimes I think we should just nuke the whole rotten country."

Eventually the United States military is going to have to go down into Mexico and clean the whole place out...

Online dfwgator

Weird wrote:
"Sometimes I think we should just nuke the whole rotten country."

Eventually the United States military is going to have to go down into Mexico and clean the whole place out...

I've been saying it for years.