Author Topic: With One Tweet, Trump Dismisses Anyone Who Ever Helped Him Get Where He Is Today  (Read 924 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Susan Wright
http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/07/30/one-tweet-trump-dismisses-anyone-ever-helped-get-today/

Well, well. Who might the Tweeter-in-Chief have been talking about?

We can speculate, but after a tumultuous week, with resignations, firings, and a shuffling of personnel
in the White House, President Trump sent out this very Trump-y tweet:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
I love reading about all of the "geniuses" who were so instrumental
in my election success. Problem is, most don't exist. #Fake News!
MAGA
4:15 PM - 29 Jul 2017

The opinions of who the tweet was directed to, and who the “geniuses” referenced may be tend to be
split between recently ousted Reince Priebus, who many have said was instrumental in delivering the
GOP into Trump’s hands, as then-party chairman, and Steve Bannon.

As for Priebus, he was the same weasel who eagerly thwarted the efforts of delegates to unbind and
vote anyone but Trump at the RNC Convention in Cleveland . . .

There are others, however, who feel the tweet may have been directed at the current chief strategist,
Steve Bannon . . .

Trump is a petty, self-absorbed man, by even the most generous standards. He has no idea how to
work as part of a team, and he wants people to focus on his imagined “greatness,” rather than consider
that he didn’t succeed on his own.

It’s part of his persona, and one his base gladly embraces – Trump as lone wolf, mega-deal maker,
and political messiah . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
It’s part of his persona, and one his base gladly embraces – Trump as lone wolf, mega-deal maker,
and political messiah . . .

He's a reality TV clown.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
He's a reality TV clown.
More and more I feel like I'm In a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSWBuZws30g

Steve Martin as Trump, Bernadette Peters as the Conservative Voter

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
More and more I feel like I'm In a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSWBuZws30g

Steve Martin as Trump, Bernadette Peters as the Conservative Voter

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

A bit O/T, but I don't see why there's such concern over filling the remaining positions in his Administration. Trump's already said he's the smartest guy there, smarter than the generals, etc. I don't think he wants a Cabinet, he can handle 100 jobs all by himself and his twitter account.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline corbe

Found the Trump Voter in the Movie.

Oh lighten up, it's just a sick analogy, pretending to be humorous.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

Found the Trump Voter in the Movie.

Oh lighten up, it's just a sick analogy, pretending to be humorous.

Speaking of metaphors...

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Speaking of metaphors...

Oh yes.  Nothing like a Trump steak cooked over a dumpster fire.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775