Author Topic: The New Russian Sanctions Bill Is Washington’s Monument to Its Criminality  (Read 330 times)

rangerrebew

The New Russian Sanctions Bill Is Washington’s Monument to Its Criminality
Paul Craig Roberts • July 28, 2017

The Congress of the United States by almost unanimous votes in both House and Senate has made it clear that Congress had rather destroy the President of the United States and to increase the risk of nuclear war than to avoid conflict with Russia by normalizing relations. The vote on the new sanctions makes it pointless for President Trump to veto the bill, because it passed both houses by far more than the two-thirds vote required to over-ride the president’s veto. The only thing Trump can achieve with a veto is to prove the false charge that he is in league with Vladimir Putin

http://www.unz.com/proberts/the-new-russian-sanctions-bill-is-washingtons-monument-to-its-criminality/

Offline jpsb

I keep asking myself "Why is it bad to want to improve relations with Russia?" I keep drawing a blank. I am beginning to hate this Congress.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Trump to sign Russia sanctions, Moscow retaliates
Eric Beech and Andrew Osborn

WASHINGTON/MOSCOW (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump will sign legislation that imposes sanctions on Russia, the White House said on Friday, after Moscow ordered the United States to cut hundreds of diplomatic staff and said it would seize two U.S. diplomatic properties in retaliation for the bill.

The U.S. Senate had voted almost unanimously on Thursday to slap new sanctions on Russia, forcing Trump to choose between a tough position on Moscow and effectively dashing his stated hopes for warmer ties with the country or to veto the bill amid investigations in possible collusion between his campaign and Russia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-diplomats-idUSKBN1AD1DV
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 03:59:46 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.