Author Topic: Lifelong Democrats Now Control the White House  (Read 2402 times)

Oceander

Re: Lifelong Democrats Now Control the White House
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2017, 08:01:01 pm »
This is just part of the irrelevant TheResurgent's campaigning for Cruz, they are part of Cruz's smear campaign with Cruz's remark "New York values", a polarizing statement that will may well hurt the Senator from the minority-majority state of Texas's chances at the Presidency.  NY Values boils down to the same kind of terminology we hear from those calling Trump an NY Liberal. You can say it is a codeword for other things. 

:bigsilly:

Jared Kushner owns and runs a very left of center newspaper in NYC.  Them's facts boy, not someone trying to rehash the disaster that was 2016. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 08:14:56 pm »
NY Values boils down to the same kind of terminology we hear from those calling Trump an NY Liberal.

Was Trump a lifelong Democrat who gave generously to Leftist/Liberal agenda causes or not?

Did he fund Hillary's Senate run in NY?  Did he not have nice things to say about her?

Did he fund Bill DeBlasio for NY mayor and said he would be a great mayor or not?

Trump's very fruits of his life are Liberal and leftist.

That you would pass him off as a Conservative is beyond disingenuous.

But then you accused those who refused to vote for or support Trump with killing infants.

So your cred on anything is dirt.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2017, 08:25:48 pm »
There's a whole website that shows how a number of those Southern states will go minority-majority; now, the trend that has always happened is that they go blue as well.

Trump expanding into the Midwest and Northeast to a degree, with states in New England close, shows he is expanding conservatism.

Those states should have gone that way long ago, the slaves fled and that created a bit of the welfare state we have today and problematic cities like Chicago and Detroit.

Trump is also doing well with so-called "minorities".
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:02:06 pm by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 08:32:25 pm »
And the Republican Party has never been totally conservative.

There have never been enough "conservatives" to support a separate party.

Until Reagan's time, they split between the two main parties. (or three counting George Wallace)

Since Reagan, the leading conservative has failed to gain the Republican nomination in the primaries where voters made their opinions and choices known.

Several conclusions might be reached, from an honest assessment of results:

1. Conservative ideas are great, but the messengers aren't
2. The ideas themselves are too narrow to sell to get a majority
3. Probably the most often cited, is that voters are too stupid.

Maybe an appeal to God (or a complaint) to make voters smarter.

But back to reality, FDR was elected 4 times, during my parents' and grandparents' lives. So apparently we have had stupid voters going way back.

For the record, when Reagan served as California Governor, and President he took as much or more heat from his political opponents, the media, and even some Republicans, as has been true for the first 1/8th of Trump's first term.

My advice: If you want MORE "conservatism," better sell it better. Reagan did, but none since really has done so.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 09:00:45 pm »
This is just part of the irrelevant TheResurgent's campaigning for Cruz, they are part of Cruz's smear campaign with Cruz's remark "New York values", a polarizing statement that will may well hurt the Senator from the minority-majority state of Texas's chances at the Presidency.  NY Values boils down to the same kind of terminology we hear from those calling Trump an NY Liberal. You can say it is a codeword for other things. 

I disagree whole heartily with ALL your statements above, @TomSea BUT I respect your input here, other than that 1 thing which will not be discussed. 

You do know I was just kidding the other night when I threatened to spam the Music Thread with Madonna Video's, right?
   Peace my fellow Music Lover.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:01:18 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2017, 03:18:30 am »
Trump expanding into the Midwest and Northeast to a degree, with states in New England close, shows he is expanding conservatism.

That comment has about as much credibility with me as those who state that Jesus approves of homosexual marriage.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2017, 11:09:11 am »
That comment has about as much credibility with me as those who state that Jesus approves of homosexual marriage.

Michigan had already been moving to the right and the GOP had a supermajority in Lansing already. Trump had nothing to do with it. Same with Wisconsin who went for Cruz in the primary.