Author Topic: Nuke China?  (Read 264 times)

Offline montanajoe

Nuke China?
« on: July 27, 2017, 11:37:49 pm »
The headline on my browser  was "I would nuke China if ordered"

The  headline of the article was that "U. S. admiral stands ready to obey a Trump nuclear strike order"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-admiral-stands-ready-to-obey-a-trump-nuclear-strike-order/ar-AAoTgC5?li=BBnb7Kz

The article quotes the Admiral:

"Every member of the U.S. military has sworn an oath to defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies foreign and domestic and to obey the officers and the president of the United States as commander and chief appointed over us," Swift said.

He added: "This is core to the American democracy and any time you have a military that is moving away from a focus and an allegiance to civilian control, then we really have a significant problem."

As always the military gets it...

Offline Suppressed

Re: Nuke China?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 02:39:13 am »
And the POTUS is required to obtain a Declaration of War before such a stunt. Or statutory authority, or having been attacked. See the War Powers Resolution of 1973.

Otherwise, his order should be ignored as illegal.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn