Author Topic: The President Better Pick His Battles To Win The DC Game of Thrones... Kurt Schlichter  (Read 264 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The President Better Pick His Battles To Win The DC Game of Thrones
Kurt Schlichter
7/27/2017 12:01:00 AM -

President Trump has done remarkably well so far, considering the hatred, contempt, and subversion he faces from members of his own party – much less the garbage he endures from the astonishingly inept and newly Russophobic Democrats. These nimrods’ bright idea for appealing to the deplorable people we call “normal Americans” is to take the New Deal and replace the adjective with “Better.” It has yet to occur to them to try not calling us “Jesus-loving gun freak racists who aren’t afraid enough of the weather and don’t believe women can have penises too.”

But it’s bad strategy to rely upon the lameness of your opposition. Instead, the president should be focused on launching a disciplined and overwhelming attack against the establishment to force his agenda through. But he’s not doing that. He’s messing up by going off on emotional tangents, and it will catch up with him.

I’ve taken a lot of whiny grief for defending the president, and I even got booted off CNN by a fussy Don Lemon when I refused to diss him over something dumb. I’ve supported him since he was nominated because he’s not a giant sack of leftist corruption and malice like Felonia von Pantsuit. It’s cost me the acquaintance of some acquaintances, but I’ll live. I usually avoid criticizing him because there are plenty of folks eager to do that. Fort Benning taught me that you win by beating the enemy, not your own side, and I have zero intention of fretting because Trump’s personality musses the feathers of conservatism’s Margret Dumont contingent.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2017/07/27/the-president-better-pick-his-battles-to-win-the-dc-game-of-thrones-n2360243
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

He is picking his battles: with Sessions, and with any GOP who hasn't genuflected deeply enough.  He won't fight with liberals because he is a liberal, a NYC liberal. 

Offline endicom

“When you’re up to your ass in alligators, it’s easy to forget you came to drain the swamp.”

http://www.redstate.com/diary/barrypopik/2010/07/29/origin-and-history-of-drain-the-swamp-mother-jones-reagan-rumsfeld-pelosi/