Author Topic: Women in combat roles face these “disproportionate medical risks”  (Read 784 times)

Offline endicom

Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
July 26, 2017

Are recruiters, particularly in the Army and Marines, lying to (or at least misleading) young women who they try to recruit into military service? That’s a question which is asked and answered in the LA Times this week by two people who should know. Julie Pulley is a former West Point graduate Army captain and Afghanistan veteran. Rear Adm. Hugh P. Scott was a Navy medical officer and is an expert in medical physical standards. They discuss the current push to drive up the number of women going into combat roles and the unique stresses which the demands of those duties put on the bodies of women. The difference between the genders in this scenario is significant and worrisome.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/26/women-combat-roles-facing-disproportionate-medical-risks/

Offline berdie

I would think that going to a war zone would increase disproportionate medical risks. But that's just me.

Offline endicom

I would think that going to a war zone would increase disproportionate medical risks. But that's just me.

Where the strain is greater is where you might expect to see the disproportion manifested.

Oceander

Straining women in combat gear?  Sign me up!!

Offline berdie

Where the strain is greater is where you might expect to see the disproportion manifested.

When I was a "young 'un" I might have had the physical stamina, but not the mental stamina. As an older lady, I have the mental stamina. but not the physical. Go figure.

Maybe the military needs to keep such things in mind.

Wingnut

Sand in the pu$$y must itch. 

Offline berdie

Sand any where must itch, even on guys. :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

Offline Night Hides Not

And what about broken fingernails?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Joe Wooten

And what about broken fingernails?

AND bad hair days???????

Offline dfwgator

Wingnut

Re: Women in combat roles face these “disproportionate medical risks”
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2017, 06:07:45 pm »
 Oh great. That's all the Military needs. More Druish princesses.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Women in combat roles face these “disproportionate medical risks”
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2017, 08:30:10 pm »
If there is no need to do it, why would you accept a female cohort that is statistically far more likely not to meet the physical requirements, and to suffer injury?  It's irrational as hell.