Author Topic: US Energy Secretary Rick Perry duped into 20 minute phone call with Russian comedians posing as Ukraine's PM  (Read 641 times)

Offline Suppressed

US Energy Secretary Rick Perry duped into 20 minute phone call with Russian comedians posing as Ukraine's PM
Vladimir Krasnov and Alexei Stolyarov known for celebrity pranks and once tricked Elton John with Vladimir Putin impersonation
Timothy Gardner 8 hours ago
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rick-perry-prank-phone-call-ukraine-pm-vladimir-krasnov-alexei-stolyarov-coal-exports-a7860236.html

US Energy Secretary Rick Perry optimistically discussed expanding American coal exports to Ukraine and other energy matters during a lengthy phone call this month with a Russian prankster who Perry thought was Ukraine's Prime Minister.

Perry actually was talking with comedians known in Russia for targeting celebrities and politicians with audacious stunts, Energy Department spokeswoman Shaylyn Hynes said in a written statement.

During the 22-minute call on 19 July, Perry, whose department oversees the US nuclear weapons programme, discussed a range of topics in a business-like tone, including sanctions against Russia and helping Ukraine develop oil and gas.

Perry said the Trump administration opposes Nord Stream 2, a Russian project to bring natural gas to Europe across the Baltic and that US technology could help Ukraine develop gas.

“Giving Ukraine more options with some of our technology is, I think, in everyone's best interest with the exception of the Russians, but that's OK,” he said.

The call, first reported by E&E news, was recorded and posted online.

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/rick-perry-prank-phone-call-ukraine-pm-vladimir-krasnov-alexei-stolyarov-coal-exports-a7860236.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

Offline thackney

@thackney
Nord Stream 2 ping

Hard to imagine why our government would be against Nord Stream 2.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Governor Good Hair strikes again...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

Hard to imagine why our government would be against Nord Stream 2.
Sarcasm? @thackney
+++++++++

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline berdie

So how would someone know if they are talking to a real Ukrainian or a Russian? What is the protocol for taking a call?

I'm not taking up for Rick...but I do feel sorry for him. He is the butt of many undeserved jokes.

I think some politician had this happen not long ago. I just can't tell you right now.  Maybe tomorrow.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:34:32 am by berdie »

Online corbe

The tip off for him was when they asked to get in on the Gardasil dispensers franchise at all of the TTC Rest Stops.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

The tip off for him was when they asked to get in on the Gardasil dispensers franchise at all of the TTC Rest Stops.

Yeah..that should have been the tip off, lol. @corbe

Since the Gardaisil  had an opt out I really wasn't that concerned. Especially since parents can opt out of all vaccines, which kind of amazes me. But that is a different subject for a different day.

Now...maybe it has changed, but didn't we vote down TTC?

Perry wasn't the worse. Nor was he the best. But when someone is in office as long as he was...no way it would be pretty.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Poor Richard.

He's probably better off that he never became president.

And so are we.