Author Topic: Amazing tale of a desperate WWII pilot’s encounter with a German flying ace  (Read 606 times)

rangerrebew

News
Amazing tale of a desperate WWII pilot’s encounter with a German flying ace

By Maureen Callahan

December 9, 2012 | 5:00am

HONOR IN WARTIME: American WWII pilot Charlie Brown (left) was struggling to keep his damaged bomber airborne in the skies over Germany in 1943 when Luftwaffe ace Hanz Stigler (right) flew alongside. Instead of firing, Stigler gave a salute. (
)

On Dec. 20, 1943, a young American bomber pilot named Charlie Brown found himself somewhere over Germany, struggling to keep his plane aloft with just one of its four engines still working. They were returning from their first mission as a unit, the successful bombing of a German munitions factory. Of his crew members, one was dead and six wounded, and 2nd Lt. Brown was alone in his cockpit, the three unharmed men

http://nypost.com/2012/12/09/amazing-tale-of-a-desperate-wwii-pilots-encounter-with-a-german-flying-ace/
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:39:27 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
A compelling read, I recommend A Higher Call to every member of this board.   I've read it multiple times and gave a copy to my dad.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

Really good story. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Amazing story!

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Really good story.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley