Author Topic: Trump: 'I won't say' that I should be on Mount Rushmore  (Read 2091 times)

Online corbe

Trump: 'I won't say' that I should be on Mount Rushmore
« on: July 26, 2017, 12:24:21 am »
Trump: 'I won't say' that I should be on Mount Rushmore

By Mallory Shelbourne  - 07/25/17 08:19 PM EDT 

President Trump at a Tuesday evening rally floated the idea of someday being on Mount Rushmore before turning to attack the press corps.

During a rally in Youngstown, Ohio, Trump turned to a routine talking point, saying “every president on Mount Rushmore believed in protecting American industry.”

But the president quipped that if he jokingly suggested he should be on Mount Rushmore, the media would take him seriously.

“Now here’s what I do. I’d ask whether or not you someday think I will be on Mount Rushmore,” Trump explained.
“But here’s the problem, if I did it joking, totally joking, having fun, the fake news media will say ‘he believes he should be on Mount Rushmore.’ So I won’t say it. Okay? I won’t say it.”

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/343786-trump-i-wont-say-that-i-should-be-on-mount-rushmore
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Trump: 'I won't say' that I should be on Mount Rushmore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 12:26:57 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:27:29 am »
And he's right.  He could joke about it and panties would get all twisted.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 12:31:25 am »
This was a joke...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 12:32:24 am »

“But here’s the problem, if I did it joking, totally joking, having fun, the fake news media will say ‘he believes he should be on Mount Rushmore.’ So I won’t say it. Okay? I won’t say it.”
Then why broach the subject at all and make it a public issue in the midst of a firestorm as a consequence of your inane tweeting you putz?

Strawman much?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:36:24 am »
     The guy likes to joke, so do I, I get that.
     I thought I would be doing the Forum a favor by hiding this in the General Population (jail term), I try and shy away from causing adversity in the Forum, this early, anyway.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 12:49:38 am »
May as well put him up there. They can finally chisel out that Progressive POS Roosevelt and replace him with Donny.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 12:51:00 am »

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, it would take a heart of stone not to laugh at that.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 12:52:41 am »
And he's right.  He could joke about it and panties would get all twisted.

True enough. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 12:53:29 am »
This was a joke...

Yes, it was @mystery-ak .... and from the looks of this article, he won the bet.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:54:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 12:57:12 am »
     The guy likes to joke, so do I, I get that.

Yeah.  Trump's comedic timing is impeccable.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 01:02:17 am »
Yeah.  Trump's comedic timing is impeccable.

Hate boner. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 01:04:35 am »
Hate boner.

You know where I like to put it Wingy.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 01:11:38 am »
You know where I like to put it Wingy.

LOL.   Just seeing if you were paying atention after our last discussion on the subject.  :silly:

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 01:13:57 am »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Offline rodamala

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 02:47:34 am »
Quote from: Mallory Shelbourne

@INVAR

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 03:17:23 am »

That slays me!  Of course, one of the many Geologists on this forum would point out a fifth head anywhere up there would be impossible, but let's enjoy the laffs!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 04:01:07 pm »
That slays me!  Of course, one of the many Geologists on this forum would point out a fifth head anywhere up there would be impossible, but let's enjoy the laffs!

Cyber, you mean that it would solely depend where the were to stick that head

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 05:40:52 pm »
Cyber, you mean that it would solely depend where the were to stick that head

That can go so many places, none of them good....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 06:20:47 pm »
That can go so many places, none of them good....
Suffocation is the key word there.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 06:21:23 pm »
What's stopping the fat sod?

There's a hiking trail all the way to the top if he really want to get on there.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink