Author Topic: One more story about immigrants/refugees fueling growth, this time in Minnesota….  (Read 646 times)

rangerrebew

One more story about immigrants/refugees fueling growth, this time in Minnesota….

Posted by Ann Corcoran on July 25, 2017

I’m not an economist, but what exactly is growth—is growth more houses being built that gobble up open space? Is growth putting more cars on the road? Building more roads? Is growth constructing more schools and hiring more teachers? Building more Walmarts or more low-income housing? Does growth require more government agencies including for more services such as welfare and police? And, does growth mean that we generally need more government to control everybody and every thing?

You betcha! The refugee slowdown is effecting this resettlement contractor’s “growth.” It is all Trump’s fault says its executive director Jane Graupman. Five of nine federal refugee contractors share the refugee pie in MN because business is good (for them). Or, has been good for them until now!

I know, call me an economic ignoramus, but why is all that a good thing—that we must haul in more and more (culture challenging) immigrants to fuel the growth?  Seems like it’s a vicious cycle to me!

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wordpress.com/2017/07/25/one-more-story-about-immigrantsrefugees-fueling-growth-this-time-in-minnesota/
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 12:29:13 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline endicom

Remove the contractors/propagandists from the process? People who are paid in tax dollars per refugee admitted? People whose ever incentive is to maximize the number of refugees?

Well, yes.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
One more vote to put these "refugee resettlement" outfits ... out of business.

We don't need them.
We don't need the "refugees".

Let them seek somewhere else to go.

Wingnut

One more vote to put these "refugee resettlement" outfits ... out of business.

We don't need them.
We don't need the "refugees".

Let them seek somewhere else to go.

Germany seems to be a good place.