Author Topic: BIG SURPRISE: Paul Ryan Has Mueller’s Back, Not President Trump’s  (Read 898 times)

rangerrebew

BIG SURPRISE: Paul Ryan Has Mueller’s Back, Not President Trump’s

July 24, 2017| by Donn Marten

Speaker of the House Paul Ryan defended special counsel Robert Mueller’s search and destroy mission against President Donald Trump on Monday.

The treacherous Ryan was an adversary of Trump during the duration of the Republican primaries all the way up to the election and cannot be trusted to see that an “America First” agenda or at the very least, the repeal of Obamacare is going to ever become a reality as long as he is the proverbial bleep in the woodpile for special interests.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/big-surprise-paul-ryan-has-muellers-back-not-president-trumps
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 11:55:19 am by rangerrebew »

Offline jpsb

I certainly hope enough deplorable rise up and throw this swamp creature out of office.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Trump's pick to head the FBI says he supports Mueller too.  :silly:

Online cato potatoe

Since when is it Paul Ryan's job to interfere with an independent investigation?  If Trump decides to fire Mueller, then Trump alone should answer for it.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
This whole thing stinks.  A special counsel to investigate something which there is no evidence and if there was there was no crime.  Its a fishing expedition by the establishment being used to stop a threat to the establishment. 

That should concern us all if we really want to clean up Washington.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Since when is it Paul Ryan's job to interfere with an independent investigation?  If Trump decides to fire Mueller, then Trump alone should answer for it.

The need for a scapegoat is strong with Trumpers.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No kidding.

Offline skeeter

Because its not really an independent investigation.

But yes, Trump should fire Mueller and should answer for it. Which shouldn't be difficult.

Offline Applewood

This whole thing stinks.  A special counsel to investigate something which there is no evidence and if there was there was no crime.  Its a fishing expedition by the establishment being used to stop a threat to the establishment. 

I thought the whole point of an investigation is to gather evidence.  If Mueller is still investigating, how do you know there is no evidence?

Personally, I believe all this commotion over Mueller"s alleged bias and what not is meant to corrupt and frustrate the investigation.  If Trump and/or his associates did nothing wrong, why are they making all this noise?  The more Trump tweets,  bitches and moans about this investigation, the more guilty he looks.   Why doesn't he just let the investigation run its course?  If he did no wrong, we will find out soon enough.

Offline skeeter

I thought the whole point of an investigation is to gather evidence.  If Mueller is still investigating, how do you know there is no evidence?

Personally, I believe all this commotion over Mueller"s alleged bias and what not is meant to corrupt and frustrate the investigation.  If Trump and/or his associates did nothing wrong, why are they making all this noise?  The more Trump tweets,  bitches and moans about this investigation, the more guilty he looks.   Why doesn't he just let the investigation run its course?  If he did no wrong, we will find out soon enough.

Those of us who've seen this scenario play out in the past know whats happening here, and it has nothing to do with justice or truth and everything to do with politics.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: BIG SURPRISE: Paul Ryan Has Mueller’s Back, Not President Trump’s
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 02:01:13 pm »

This thing has been being investigated since last July.  If they don't have anything by now, there's probably nothing there.

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 06:55:05 pm »

There was nothing for Ken Starr to investigate in the beginning.

I guess you think that was a mistake.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 07:36:16 pm »

So, if there was nothing to investigate, why was Starr hired to investigate?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 07:40:51 pm »

@HonestJohn
We're we talking about Ken Starr?

If theres a crime investigate it.   If theres not a crime don't.    Of course what they are trying to do is dig until they find a crime or can invent one like with Libby.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 07:43:06 pm »
I thought the whole point of an investigation is to gather evidence.  If Mueller is still investigating, how do you know there is no evidence Personally, I believe all this commotion over Mueller"s alleged bias and what not is meant to corrupt and frustrate the investigation.  If Trump and/or his associates did nothing wrong, why are they making all this noise?  The more Trump tweets,  bitches and moans about this investigation, the more guilty he looks.   Why doesn't he just let the investigation run its course?  If he did no wrong, we will find out soon enough.
@Applewood

You have a severe personal problem - you think and you make sense.  We just cannot have that.  888high58888

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 07:50:55 pm »
@Applewood

You have a severe personal problem - you think and you make sense.  We just cannot have that.  888high58888

These things are a prosecutor in search of a crime.

We have REAL CRIMES with Clinton, Comey and even Obama that they have evidence of a crime which are being swept under the rug.     

HonestJohn

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 08:04:38 pm »
So, if there was nothing to investigate, why was Starr hired to investigate?

Good question.  There was no criminal evidence at the start of Starr's investigation.  There is no criminal evidence at the start of Mueller's investigation.

Both started with political 'smoke'.

Yet one is supported and the other not.

I see rank hypocrisy in that.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2017, 08:08:52 pm »
I certainly hope enough deplorable rise up and throw this swamp creature out of office.

He's only 6 months into a 4-year term.  I wonder what the chances are he will make it through his whole term.  BTW, I like that term, "swamp creature", for him...he said he'd drain the swamp, but he's sure been filling it with more muck!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 08:17:17 pm »
Good question.  There was no criminal evidence at the start of Starr's investigation.  There is no criminal evidence at the start of Mueller's investigation.

Could be that you're putting the rank hypocrisy before the cart. I don't remember it that way. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 10:56:09 pm »

Smoke?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/whitewater/timeline.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/whitewater/timeline2.htm