Author Topic: The Navy's Newest Aircraft Carrier Is the Most Advanced In the World, But It Doesn't Have Any Urinals. Every bathroom on the USS Gerald R. Ford is gender-neutral.  (Read 1443 times)

rangerrebew

The Navy's Newest Aircraft Carrier Is the Most Advanced In the World, But It Doesn't Have Any Urinals
Every bathroom on the USS Gerald R. Ford is gender-neutral.

Dan Carney
    13 hours ago

The U.S. Navy has officially commissioned its newest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald R. Ford, which is bigger and more powerful than the Nimitz class of carriers it replaces.

The Ford is so advanced that when it heads out on its first mission, probably in 2020, it will carry a crew of 2,600, which is 600 fewer sailors than Nimitz-class carriers. It will also sail without any urinals in its heads (that's sailor jargon for bathroom).

https://www.maxim.com/news/aircraft-carrier-uss-ford-launches-2017-7
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:18:59 am by rangerrebew »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
20 years ago, I made a femi-nazi parodic joke that there would be a time urinals would be considered sexist.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
At least it has lots of electricity for hair dryers and curling irons... *****rollingeyes*****
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

Bathroom experts told the Navy Times that urinals cost less, take up less space, and are more sanitary (fewer men miss their target with a urinal)

:beer:

Whats a drunk sailor to hold onto for stability now?

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 09:33:58 am by Wingnut »

rangerrebew

I can tell you what will happen, if it already hasn't, to these young women.  The heads near their birthing will have men peeing on the seats, some will smear bowel movements on the seats, leave their biggest bowl movements in the toilets,  they will probably pee on the toilet paper, clog the plumbing, etc.  I'm sure the ship's Masters at Arms will be patrolling but that is a lot of area to patrol for such a small division.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I can tell you what will happen, if it already hasn't, to these young women.  The heads near their birthing will have men peeing on the seats, some will smear bowel movements on the seats, leave their biggest bowl movements in the toilets,  they will probably pee on the toilet paper, clog the plumbing, etc.  I'm sure the ship's Masters at Arms will be patrolling but that is a lot of area to patrol for such a small division.

Yes folks....  This completes another episdode of "UNEXPECTED CONSEQUENCES"!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Is it just me, or does that vessel look downright top heavy?

No one builds better looking carriers than the US, even sans urinals.

Wingnut

Offline rodamala

Whats a drunk sailor to hold onto for stability now?

Their shipmates.

Aircraft carriers, for as long as women have served on them, have been floating whorehouses.

You would be amazed what you can get for a carton of Kool 100's.

Offline Smokin Joe

That's a lot of deck overhang on both sides if you look at where the hull stops. Maybe that's so the guys can stand along the rail.... :whistle:

C S Lewis

rangerrebew

Is it just me, or does that vessel look downright top heavy?

Don't forget there is an awful lot of ship below the water line.  That makes for a lot of resistance if the ship takes heavy rolls.

Offline Smokin Joe

Don't forget there is an awful lot of ship below the water line.  That makes for a lot of resistance if the ship takes heavy rolls.
Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking how much displacement that narrower looking hull is doing down there.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't care, as long as they stick to American-style terlots and stay away from those Middle-Eastern squat toilets.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Wingnut

I don't care, as long as they stick to American-style terlots and stay away from those Middle-Eastern squat toilets.

Or bidets.