Author Topic: POTUS Trump RIPS Obama – Scouts Chant “We Love Trump!” at National Jamboree  (Read 2551 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Only Trash Trump could bring a political speech to a Scout Jamboree.  What a disgusting POS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Only Trash Trump could bring a political speech to a Scout Jamboree.  What a disgusting POS.

Just the other day he called for American troops to lean on congress for something he wants.

Offline mountaineer

WV Metro News (generally considered an  even-handed and unbiased news outlet

Trump gets partisan at Boy Scout Jamboree
By Alex Thomas in News | July 24, 2017 at 11:14PM

GLEN JEAN, W.Va. — At the start of his 38 minute-long speech Monday evening at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve, President Donald Trump said it was a night to put aside “all of the policy fights in Washington, D.C. you’ve been hearing about with the fake news and all of that.”

“Instead, we’re going to talk about success,” Trump told the 40,000 Boy Scouts, leaders and volunteers taking part in the 2017 National Jamboree in Fayette County.

“Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I’m in front of the Boy Scouts?” he added to the audience’s approval.

It took less than four minutes before Trump shifted from his message of success and hard work to the themes of his rallies held before and after his inauguration. This included mentioning his message of “draining the swamp,” pushing to repeal and replacing “Obamacare” and taking jabs at former President Barack Obama and Trump’s Democratic challenger to the White House, Hillary Clinton.

Trump serves as honorary president of the national youth organization, much like his predecessors have dating back to the Boy Scouts of America’s founding in 1910. He was the eighth president to speak at a National Jamboree and the first since former President George W. Bush spoke at the 2005 National Jamboree at Fort A.P. Hill in Bowling Green, Virginia.

“Just a question: did President Obama ever come to a Jamboree?” Trump asked, resulting in thousands of Scouts booing the former president. ... [the answer is no]

When not talking about policy or his political achievements, Trump discussed the importance of Scouting’s values and how it helped his cabinet secretaries become leaders.

“Someday, many years from now, when you look back at all the adventures in your lives, you will be able to say the same: ‘I got my start as a Scout,'” the president noted.

Trump even mentioned the Scout Law, the 12 character traits Scouts strive live by to improve themselves and their community.

“As the Scout Law says, a Scout is trustworthy, loyal — we can use some more loyalty, I’ll tell you that —” Trump said before the crowd chanted the other 10 points.

However, the president’s address ended up going back to politics as he continued. This included joking Price would be fired if there were not enough votes to repeal and replace Obama’s health care law. ...
Full story, plus link to video

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
In defense of Trump... why didn't Obama speak at a Jamboree? Is it some PC reason?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
In defense of Trump... why didn't Obama speak at a Jamboree? Is it some PC reason?

Can't vouch for today but in my era, BSA stood for wholesome christian values.  Something not really in Obama's wheelhouse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

I'm guessing he wanted to show solidarity with the Pink Mafia.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Offline thackney

He had some more important engagements.

Obama Missing Historic Boy Scout Jamboree for Fundraisers, 'View' Taping
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/27/obama-missing-historic-boy-scout-jamboree-fundraisers-view-taping.html
July 27, 2010

President Obama will make history as the first sitting president on a daytime talk show when he visits with the ladies of "The View." But he'll be missing out on another historic occasion -- the Boy Scouts' Jamboree marking the group's 100th anniversary, right in the president's backyard.

The Jamboree kicked off this week at Fort A.P. Hill in Virginia, where organizers had invited the president to speak to the 45,000 scouts in attendance. All three of Obama's predecessors have made it to one Jamboree while in office.

But the president will instead be traveling Wednesday to New York for a taping of the ABC show, as well as Democratic fundraisers and a stop in New Jersey. ...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Right_in_Virginia

From Youngstown police: The @realDonaldTrump campaign has more than 20,000 reservation for the Covelli Centre, which holds a max of 7,000.
   88devil

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

He did, in 2010, via video conference.

Offline Suppressed

Godwin is a moron.

Mike Godwin was right: 
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1"

It's misquoting or misuse of Godwin's Law that is moronic.

In fact, Godwin himself stated:
"If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump. Or any other politician."

Ergo, TBR's rule isn't "Godwin"...it's its own beast.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 05:40:36 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ConservativeGranny

He gave a video speech. I don't know why it wasn't a live speech. He certainly must have agreed with the BSA support of gay men as troop leaders. Maybe he was busy that day. I read in one of the articles today that Obama was a scout. I have to research that a bit more. I wonder what kind of scout?

The speech drew a deluge of complaints from parents who said it was inappropriate. I think it was a disaster. The speech seems to have gone over like a lead balloon with almost everyone except the teens and tweens.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Wonder how HHS Price felt when Trump made the joke about "You're Fired", if the vote to proceed to debate tomorrow fails in the Senate.

I can only imagine how Price felt but Trump should have been embarrassed that he didn't even know that cabinet members do not get to vote on legislation. And then top off that gaffe by threatening to fire the guy if he doesn't gin up enough votes to pass TrumpCare. The speech was an embarrassing abomination. And it pains me greatly to say this but I watched Obama's Jamboree speech and he got it right. Trump got it horribly wrong. It sounded more like one of his rally speeches. Of course he made it all about himself.

Obama's speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWNyp_-2D78

Trump's speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLEZeHH1Jlk

Found the link for Obama's speech while looking for information regarding Obama being a Boy Scout. NYT article said he was but then it's the NYT. They also said that Obama was invited to speak twice at the Jamborees and twice sent videos but did invite the BSA to the WH several times and they did attend.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Sounds like something someone from Planned Parenthood would say. Well, like Laura Ingraham said, seems never trumpers are on the same side with PP, the abortion lovers. Gee, I thought conservatives were here, I guess not.  I personally think the description in all its vulgarity could conceivably be applied elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:33:11 am by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

So criticizing something Mr. Trump says or does on one particular occasion necessarily signifies support for abortion, even when abortion is not remotely the subject of the discussion? That's beyond being intellectually lazy. It's just downright dishonest.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's disgusting no matter which political party does it..when an organization like the Boy Scouts are used for selfish political purposes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
So criticizing something Mr. Trump says or does on one particular occasion necessarily signifies support for abortion, even when abortion is not remotely the subject of the discussion? That's beyond being intellectually lazy. It's just downright dishonest.

@mountaineer its TomSea's pathetic ploy to get around a Godwin 's Law violation.

It's his go to retort when he knows he can't win via intelligence and intellect in a debate.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:09:57 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Sounds like something someone from Planned Parenthood would say. Well, like Laura Ingraham said, seems never trumpers are on the same side with PP, the abortion lovers. Gee, I thought conservatives were here, I guess not.  I personally think the description in all its vulgarity could conceivably be applied elsewhere.

The only vulgarity is you, and the orange god you worship.

Offline mountaineer

Harry S Truman's address to the Boy Scout Jamboree in Valley Forge, Pa., in 1950:
... At this encampment there are Scouts from every State in the Union, from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and from the Philippines and many other foreign countries. This is a practical demonstration of how to achieve world understanding. When you work and live together, and exchange ideas around the campfire, you get to know what the other fellow is like. That is the first step toward settling world problems in a spirit of give and take, instead of fighting about them.

I wish that more people from foreign countries would visit here and learn about our way of life. When visitors come over here and spend some time with us, they carry back to their home countries a better picture of what American democracy is really like.   ...

... We are deeply and sincerely interested in the well-being of the youth of the world-not only American youth, but the young people of all countries. We are working, and we will continue to work, for a world in which young people are not regimented and exploited, but instead are given the opportunity to develop their capacities and contribute to a better future.

The United States, together with the other free nations, is striving to build a world in which men will live as good neighbors and work for the good of all. Our program for peace is not directed against the people of any land. It is designed to bring to all people the benefits of justice and freedom.

I hope that you young men in the Boy Scout movement, in this country and other countries, will take home from this Jamboree a clearer understanding of the meaning of human brotherhood. I hope that you will work for freedom and peace with the same burning faith that inspired the men of George Washington's army here at Valley Forge.

We cannot succeed in building a peaceful world unless we all work as hard as we know how. I am confident that you will all do your very best.