Author Topic: Have Repeal Efforts Always Been a Republican Ruse?  (Read 633 times)

rangerrebew

Have Repeal Efforts Always Been a Republican Ruse?
« on: July 24, 2017, 11:51:14 am »
July 24, 2017
By William Sullivan

For leading Republicans today, the answer is almost certainly yes.  As evidence, allow me to take you back to the fall of 2013.

The House GOP, the chamber majority since 2010, had a choice in deciding the fate of the Continuing Appropriations Resolution for the fiscal year of 2014.  They could have simply increased the spending limit and continued funding the government, including Obamacare.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/07/have_repeal_efforts_always_been_a_republican_ruse.html#ixzz4nkVJFLtS
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline endicom

Re: Have Repeal Efforts Always Been a Republican Ruse?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 12:06:30 pm »

Well, most of us have so concluded.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:43:44 am »
Wise ol' Republican to a younger Republican:
"Don't do anything that could cost you a vote!"
"Better yet... don't do anything at all!"

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 01:01:12 am »
Republicans love big government as much as the Rats.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 01:14:07 am »
This is no different than their claims to put the brakes on illegal immigration.

They lie to us every election cycle and after being elected do the opposite.

I may learn slow, but I learn. That and Trump are why I'm no longer a "Republican". I've had enough lies and they both do it to my face with no shame.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:14:56 am by DB »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 01:31:18 am »
Of course it was. Just like so many other things are. The Democrats have always acted as the Republicans front men. Democrats do all the bad deeds and the Republicans 'pretend' to oppose them. That has been the natural order of the American Congress for decades. Now, the Republicans find themselves in a position where there is nowhere to 'run and hide', and they don't know what to do. This is why so many Republicans hate Trump so much. Trump is turning on the light in the kitchen and the rats can't scurry away this time. They are trapped.

I believe that the Republicans will work with the Democrats (more than they usually do) to make sure the Democrats regain control of Congress in 2018. Republicans HATE having to take responsibility with nobody to blame. And they HATE to have to lead. The GOP leadership probably already have a list of junior Republican congressmen that they plan to throw under the bus to put the Dems back to the forefront. Then the Pubs can slip back to their corners, do their hackneyed and cliche kabuki 'opposition', and order will be restored.

It has become more clear than ever since the last election that the only single thing that Republicans care about is themselves, and maintaining the status quo. Republicans are just as 'swampy' as the Democrats. They are simply better at hiding it. But now they are playing with live ammunition. Trump is calling their bluff.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 02:00:49 am »
Republicans are just as 'swampy' as the Democrats. They are simply better at hiding it.

That was becoming apparent fifty years ago. Mark Twain had it pegged maybe a century sooner.

Believe it or not, like it or not, one of those 'NY liberals' told how it works long ago. The supposed fiscal conservatives were mostly from states with small populations. For them, bringing home a million dollars in bacon was, per capita, like him bringing home five or ten million dollars, something he couldn't do.

So, who were the big spenders of tax dollars? All of them or nearly so. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 02:10:37 am »
...When Boehner championed defunding Obamacare in 2013, he knew it would never effect an end to Obamacare.  It was a way to express conservative bona fides on the cheap, pandering to the conservative base, leaving now-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (who’s leading the effort to “repeal” Obamacare in the Senate) to do the dirty work of quietly sabotaging the effort.  Similarly, in 2015, Republicans in Congress knew that Obama would veto their bill to repeal, and that they wouldn’t have the votes to override the veto.

Maybe, just maybe, all of that was nothing more than a show, meant to get you excited and to get them elected?

What we have been screaming about for some time.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 02:43:19 am »
Whole damn thing is a fraud. Only problem now is that everyone knows it and once the jig is up, the GOP is screwed. They stand for nothing.

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 02:56:10 am »
Only problem now is that everyone knows it and once the jig is up, the GOP is screwed.

They could try looking for some honest people to run for office.

Yeah, right!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 03:10:40 am »
Yeah but, it is like pro-wrestling. The whole game is rigged with this 'two party' scam. No matter who you vote for, you wind up with the same thing. The Republicans will likely help the Democrats win Congress in 2018. That will take the pressure off of them to help the President, and to 'do something'. Then the Pubs can do their usual dance, "It's not our fault Trump can't do anything! It's the Democrats!" I don't see how that will be any better.

The Pubs seems to be stalling and biding their time until then.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 03:13:39 am »
Yeah but, it is like pro-wrestling. The whole game is rigged with this 'two party' scam. No matter who you vote for, you wind up with the same thing. The Republicans will likely help the Democrats win Congress in 2018. That will take the pressure off of them to help the President, and to 'do something'. Then the Pubs can do their usual dance, "It's not our fault Trump can't do anything! It's the Democrats!" I don't see how that will be any better.

The Pubs seems to be stalling and biding their time until then.

Paul Simon said it best:

Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Every way you look at this you lose