Author Topic: Target Retailer Blames Donald Trump for Lower Hispanic Shopper Traffic  (Read 1019 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

After over a year of falling foot traffic and tumbling stock prices, retail giant Target is now obliquely attacking President Donald Trump over the claim that his policies have driven Hispanics to avoid shopping in public.
At last week’s Fortune Brainstorm Tech event in Aspen, Colorado, Target Corp. Chief Executive Officer Brian Cornell claimed that Hispanic shoppers, a sought-after demographic for retailers across the country, have stopped leaving their homes to shop, presumably for fear of being deported.

“The Hispanic consumer in the U.S. is shopping much less,” Cornell claimed according to MSN Money. “They are staying home. They are going out less often.”

Cornell didn’t mention President Trump by name, but he did mention the lack of Hispanic shoppers in “border towns” where retailers often see traffic over the U.S.-Mexico border.

The Target chief was likely influenced by recent surveys following the habits of Hispanic shoppers at the nation’s largest retail outlets. Retail researcher NPD Group claims its survey shows that Hispanic traffic at retailers fell eight percent over last year.

Marshal Cohen, an analyst at NPD, said that there has “clearly been a pullback” among Hispanic shoppers. “There’s concern about going out in an environment where you could be deported,” Cohen claimed.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Cohen claimed. “It’s really there and material.”
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/07/22/httpwww-breitbart-combig-government20170722americans-protest-very-fake-news-cnn-outside-of-atlanta-headquarters/
Target admits it has been collecting profits off illegals who have broken the law.  When will the company return those ill-gotten gains?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Cornell didn’t mention President Trump by name

Fake news

Wingnut

Maybe hispanics don't like sharing bathrooms with freaks and pedophiles?

Offline rodamala

I wait for the day that all these retailers are crying the blues because they lost all the SNAP card revenue.

Offline endicom

I don't recall the nation becoming hostage to Hungarians. Must have been before my time.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well that and Targets prices kind of suck, Hispanics are no different than anyone else who can figure out that Walmart has the same products at lower prices.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Neither do Target employees.

The last time my daughter in law was at Target, she was going to take her daughters to the family-room Target has to remove the threat of sharing the toilet with others.  It was locked, and when she asked an employee, she was told "It was reserved for Target employees."

So much for this attempt by Target to appease customers.
Target To Spend $20 Million On New Restrooms
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lauraheller/2016/08/17/target-to-spend-20-million-on-new-restrooms/#771839da39e0
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington