Author Topic: California approves cap-and-trade scheme until 2030  (Read 513 times)

rangerrebew

California approves cap-and-trade scheme until 2030
« on: July 23, 2017, 08:37:37 am »
California approves cap-and-trade scheme until 2030
State will tighten restrictions on carbon by 40 percent over the next 13 years.

Megan Geuss - 7/18/2017, 5:25 PM

California lawmakers voted to extend the state’s cap-and-trade program another 10 years on Monday night. The bill includes language that would gradually tighten restrictions on businesses, reducing the amount of greenhouse gases they’re allowed to put in the atmosphere by 40 percent by 2030.

California’s cap-and-trade market puts a limit on the amount of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions that companies are allowed to put into the atmosphere, and it allows companies to buy and sell GHG credits. That means that a company whose business requires additional GHG emissions over the limit would have to buy credits in an auction. The more polluting that companies are collectively, the more credits are in demand, and the more costly it is to do business individually as a polluter.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/07/california-approves-cap-and-trade-scheme-until-2030/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 08:38:14 am by rangerrebew »

Offline DB

Re: California approves cap-and-trade scheme until 2030
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:51:05 am »
Just another reason I have to get out of this state.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: California approves cap-and-trade scheme until 2030
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 12:49:12 pm »
Just another reason I have to get out of this state.
I did so 12 years ago and enjoyed a huge payout on my house.  Hope you can do the same prior to the rush to get out causes property values to crash.

Headline might as well have said "California approves cap-and-trade raising taxes for California taxpayers scheme until 2030
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington