Author Topic: Minnesota girl has surgery after being bitten severely in lake  (Read 738 times)

Wingnut

Swam and fished in many a No. Wisc and Minniyota lake as a yute. The Muskie and Pike were pretty skittish but I could see one ripping a little kids ankle up with those damn baracuda style teeth.

-----

An 11-year-old Minnesota girl is recovering from bone-deep lacerations to her foot after being bitten, apparently by a large fish, on Island Lake north of Duluth.

Maren Kesselhon required surgery to repair damage to her foot, which was injured while she sat on a paddleboard during a family outing Wednesday. Maren suffered nine deep lacerations and tendon damage.

The incident comes five years after a triathlete was attacked on the same lake by an otter, leaving her with puncture wounds up and down her legs.

Maren's dad, Ryan Kesselhon, says his daughter told him she could feel her foot in the mouth of a fish and kicked at it with her other foot to free herself.

"I couldn't figure out what she was screaming about," Kesselhon told the Duluth News Tribune. "Then she lifted her foot out of the water, and I could see it was filleted open in many places."

Closer examination revealed she had been cut in 25 places, mostly on her upper ankle and on top of her foot, Kesselhon said.

According to WDIO-TV, doctors at Essentia Health, where Maren had surgery, say the razor-sharp cuts, some down to the bone, probably were caused by a fish.

http://www.startribune.com/minnesota-girl-has-surgery-after-being-bitten-severely-in-lake/435838403/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:17:39 pm by Wingnut »