Author Topic: Idaho man catches a trout while in Utah and breaks a state record  (Read 1617 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865685197/Idaho-man-catches-a-trout-while-in-Utah-and-breaks-a-state-record.html

An Idaho fisherman broke a fish-catching record in Utah this week.

According to Fox News, Sidney Cellan, who hails from Soda Springs, Idaho, nabbed a 48-inch trout at the Flaming Gorge Reservoir.

"It weighed 57 pounds. It took about 30 minutes to bring in," Cellan said, according to Fox News.

Cellan took a few photos with the fish before he tossed it back, saying that “somebody else can catch it.”

"You know if I kill all the fish that I catch then means there's going to be less fish for other people to catch," he told Fox News.

The massive trout broke the state's “catch and release” record.

To celebrate, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources posted a photo of Cellan and his fish on its Facebook page.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Idaho man catches a trout while in Utah and breaks a state record
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 01:04:47 pm »
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865685197/Idaho-man-catches-a-trout-while-in-Utah-and-breaks-a-state-record.html

An Idaho fisherman broke a fish-catching record in Utah this week.

According to Fox News, Sidney Cellan, who hails from Soda Springs, Idaho, nabbed a 48-inch trout at the Flaming Gorge Reservoir.

"It weighed 57 pounds. It took about 30 minutes to bring in," Cellan said, according to Fox News.

Cellan took a few photos with the fish before he tossed it back, saying that “somebody else can catch it.”

"You know if I kill all the fish that I catch then means there's going to be less fish for other people to catch," he told Fox News.

The massive trout broke the state's “catch and release” record.

To celebrate, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources posted a photo of Cellan and his fish on its Facebook page.

Beautiful fish.  I would have been tempted to have the monster mounted. But, again, I haven't caught what could be considered a truly trophy bass, etc. 

Maybe he wanted the C/R record instead.  Wonder how far it was from the actual record.

Anyone else....... mercy or taxidermy?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 01:15:56 pm »
Unless I'm participating in a scientific study, I wouldn't even take the time to weigh/measure/photo.  If I ain't eatin it (and I ain't eatin that thing), it goes back ASAP (if it ever leaves the water to begin with).
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 01:20:43 pm »
Beautiful fish.  I would have been tempted to have the monster mounted. But, again, I haven't caught what could be considered a truly trophy bass, etc. 

Maybe he wanted the C/R record instead.  Wonder how far it was from the actual record.

Anyone else....... mercy or taxidermy?

Mercy. Mostly out of respect for the elderly.

A good taxidermist, based on a set of photos and vital statistics, could produce a good reproduction.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 01:23:44 pm »
Mercy. Mostly out of respect for the elderly.

A good taxidermist, based on a set of photos and vital statistics, could produce a good reproduction.

Good points.  A good option to commemorate the joyous event. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 01:34:17 pm »
Good points.  A good option to commemorate the joyous event.

I'm fixin' to go fishing here in a little while. They finally dropped the river flow. I got me some shiner minnows yesterday and there is a short stretch that has some big ones on occasion. Big to me is 3-5 lbs. Rainbows and Brown trout.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 01:49:04 pm »
Beautiful fish.

And every kitty in America is celebrating

@Hopalong Ginsberg
@rodamala
@Suppressed
@To-Whose-Benefit?
@austingirl
🐟

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 01:51:09 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 02:04:21 pm »
From the headline it sounded like the record the guy broke was for the longest cast in history.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 07:59:19 pm »
Mercy for the gigantic trout. Didn't know they could reach that size.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 08:13:28 pm »
Mercy for the gigantic trout. Didn't know they could reach that size.

Good thing, I 'll never catch a record fish,  I'd never stop talking about it. 

Kind of like Woliwicz in Big Bang Theory and Space Travel.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 08:36:59 pm »
Good thing, I 'll never catch a record fish,  I'd never stop talking about it. 

Kind of like Woliwicz in Big Bang Theory and Space Travel.

Fishing was pretty dead today. I think it has everything to do with them cutting the water flow by half. Takes time for the fish to adjust. I did catch 8 or 10-8" to 12" rainbows. Threw them all back.

Biggest fish I ever caught was a 35 lb. carp. We had a funeral pyre in his honor. Once that greasy guy caught on fire he burned down to fine white ash.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 08:53:29 pm »
Fishing was pretty dead today. I think it has everything to do with them cutting the water flow by half. Takes time for the fish to adjust. I did catch 8 or 10-8" to 12" rainbows. Threw them all back.

Biggest fish I ever caught was a 35 lb. carp. We had a funeral pyre in his honor. Once that greasy guy caught on fire he burned down to fine white ash.

I am envious. Way to damn hot to fish here.    Laughed at the lighter carp too.  Maybe there is a market out there to replace Seal and Whale Oil.   :silly:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 08:57:15 pm »
I'm fixin' to go fishing here in a little while. They finally dropped the river flow. I got me some shiner minnows yesterday and there is a short stretch that has some big ones on occasion. Big to me is 3-5 lbs. Rainbows and Brown trout.

I've always been a Rainbow and Cutthroat guy. Used to love river fishing too, going after Bull trout, but now they are especially endangered here, so not anymore...

I've never caught a Brown in my life... They're not here.