Author Topic: Aging Americans enjoy longer life, better health when avoiding three risky behaviors  (Read 556 times)

rangerrebew

Aging Americans enjoy longer life, better health when avoiding three risky behaviors
July 20, 2017 by Laurel Thomas Gnagey

We've heard it before from our doctors and other health experts: Keep your weight down, don't smoke and cut back on the alcohol if you want to live longer.

Now, research from the University of Michigan School of Public Health shows that people of fairly normal weight who never smoked and drank only in moderation have a life expectancy at age 50 that is seven years longer than the average American. They also are able to delay disability up to six years.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-07-aging-americans-longer-life-health.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:23:14 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline thackney

Do you really live longer, or is it if you avoid the fun activities, it seems longer?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline bolobaby

The three things to avoid if you want to enjoy a longer, healthier life:

1) Dying
2) Getting sick
3) Being miserable

Where's my research grant?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online Polly Ticks

The three things to avoid if you want to enjoy a longer, healthier life:

1) Dying
2) Getting sick
3) Being miserable

Where's my research grant?

I'd give you the beer bump gif, but apparently that's one of the things we're supposed to avoid.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline GrouchoTex

Do you really live longer, or is it if you avoid the fun activities, it seems longer?

:silly:

Damn, I just read the article. It turns out I am 0 for 3!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Yes, avoid being fat, smoking and drinking alcohol.

Shocking!