Author Topic: Elon Musk says he has ‘verbal’ okay to build multi-state underground Hyperloop  (Read 867 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Elon Musk said on Twitter that he received “verbal government approval” to build an underground Hyperloop transit network connecting New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington DC, with stops connecting each city center, and a dozen more entry or exit elevators located within each city. The project would be run through The Boring Company, Musk’s tunneling venture, which has already begun test digging near SpaceX HQ in California.

Musk didn’t share any additional details about what he means by “verbal” approval specifically, and we’ve reached out to The Boring Company to find out more details. When the SpaceX and Tesla founder revealed the details of his future vision for The Boring Company, however, he described a network of underground tunnels that would transport goods on sleds, and that could offer transportation for cars, cargo and more, using Hyperloop as one potential conveyance option.

In the original tweet, Musk noted that the trip time from New York to DC would be just under half-an-hour. Currently, by train, that trip is roughly three hours and 20 minutes, or over four hours by bus. Musk also said that an LA to San Francisco loop is likely on the horizon, as well as a loop to connect Texas to the network.

Continued:  https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/20/elon-musk-says-he-has-verbal-okay-to-build-multi-state-underground-hyperloop/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I have to admire re this guys vision. While I don't like the subsidies he got, at least he's taking the initiative instead of the government.

Offline kevindavis007

If I have choice between a train or Hyperloop, I would take the Hyperloop..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline rodamala

I have to admire re this guys vision. While I don't like the subsidies he got, at least he's taking the initiative instead of the government.

The Pennsylvania Railroad built the North River Tunnels under the Hudson, Pennsylvania Station in the Tenderloin section of Manhattan, and the East River Tunnels with private capital.

Profit motive should rule all... not tax revenue cashgrabs.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
In 1816 the legislature passed a bill, for the financing of the Erie Canal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erie_Canal_Commission
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
More power to you.  Just not a cent of our tax dollars as subsidies though.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

In 1816 the legislature passed a bill, for the financing of the Erie Canal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erie_Canal_Commission

They sure did. How'd that expenditure work out? Oh yeah. Not very well. Ten years later it was obsolete.....

Wingnut

Give Saint Elon credit.  The guy can burn thu other peoples money almost as fast as the government.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
They sure did. How'd that expenditure work out? Oh yeah. Not very well. Ten years later it was obsolete.....

Used for commerce, continuously however. (Today not so much.)
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

Are you kidding me?   The canal was a primary freight travel way for almost a hundred years or so, and is still used.  It competed well with a number of different railroads that were built for the express purpose of competing with it.

Try reading a little history before you presume to know what happened.