Author Topic: RNC to GOP Candidates: Fealty to Donald Trump or Else (Caruso)  (Read 1900 times)

Online corbe

Re: RNC to GOP Candidates: Fealty to Donald Trump or Else (Caruso)
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 11:19:20 pm »
   Normally this is where I post TTIUWP and do an image of a cockroach or a 'Lower than a snakes belly in a Wagon Rut' meme but I decided it's way to early to get in trouble here so this is all I could come up with.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 07:40:07 am »
Memo to RNC: let's leave the loyalty pledges to quasi-religious cults and psychotic dictators, shall we?

During the early Bush (shrub) years the GOP had free rein to undo much of the Democratic madness that occurred during Clinton.  But instead they chose to spend like drunken sailors.

What followed shortly thereafter was a coup for the Democrats when many Republican voters simply stayed home on election day.  I remember well Nancy Pelosi's declaration right after the elections that Democrats now had their mandate.  It wasn't true, of course, but the remainder of Bush's term was what the media deemed "compromise" but was in reality nothing but Clinton Part Deux.

Put another way, those in charge of Washington have been:

Clinton Presidency - Liberals
Bush II Presidency - Liberals
Obama Presidency - Liberals
Trump Presidency - Liberals

I detect a pattern here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2017, 11:30:41 am »
We can 'help' the RNC by not making any donations.  NONE
The RNC is as likely to get donations from me as Planned Parenthood, Earth First, and the SPLC.

(I haven't sent them a dime in 20 years).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online goatprairie

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2017, 02:21:20 pm »
The RNC is as likely to get donations from me as Planned Parenthood, Earth First, and the SPLC.

I voted for Trump (to avoid Her Heinous), but the next day I cut up my Republican Party card and told the people on the phone asking for dough I wouldn't be making any more contributions.
Not until the Republican Party starts nominating and supporting conservative candidates again.
The only way to hurt them is by denying them money. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2017, 03:25:43 pm »

All of my money for 2018 political contributions was spent last week in Spokane, at the Gonzaga Campus store: t-shirts, memorabilia, etc. plus basketball camp fees for my son...all in all, a much better use.

The entire family will now  be decked out in Zag gear next season.

Edited last sentence...not replaced by now...sheesh.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:02:18 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2017, 04:46:56 pm »
All of my money for 2018 political contributions was spent last week in Spokane, at the Gonzaga Campus store: t-shirts, memorabilia, etc. plus basketball camp fees for my son...all in all, a much better use.

The entire family will not be decked out in Zag gear next season.
Too bad about the tournament.  How do they look this year?

Silver Pines

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2017, 12:46:21 pm »

The entire family will not be decked out in Zag gear next season.

@Night Hides Not

We gave a little to the RNC in the past, but it's been quite a while.  Tec Cruz was the only candidate we've given money to, and he was the last.  If he runs again I'll be happy to vote for him, but no more donations. 

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2017, 02:16:29 pm »
Too bad about the tournament.  How do they look this year?

I'm very hopeful. We won't have the height and depth like last year, but we'll still be solid at the 4 & 5 positions. Half of our 8 man rotation returns, and our newcomers are stellar.

Here's a name to remember: Rui Hachimura. He didn't play much last year, due to late arrival and language issues. However, he led Japan in the FIBA tournament last month, scoring 19 points a game. He put on a show in one of the scrimmages at the Kennel.

The Zags will be the Zags. By that, I mean they're a complete team, no prima donnas. The kids loved being around them, and the players reciprocated. They stayed around almost two hours after camp closed, signing hundreds of autographs.

I'm so proud of these young men that represent my alma mater.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.