Author Topic: City of Toronto Estimates $65,000 to Build Park Stairs, Man Does It Himself for $550  (Read 419 times)

rangerrebew

City of Toronto Estimates $65,000 to Build Park Stairs, Man Does It Himself for $550
Posted By Andrew Kugle On July 20, 2017 @ 11:50 am In Issues | No Comments

The city of Toronto estimated that it would cost $65,000 to build stairs for a local park, but one resident took it upon himself to build the stairs—and only spent $550.

The city has now threatened to tear down the stairs, CTV News reports.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/city-toronto-estimates-65000-build-park-stairs-man-550/

Offline Suppressed

Before getting too excited, there are lots of people who live there saying that it's very cheaply and dangerously made.

I'm sure there's a heck of a lot of markup over what someone could do privately, but to get an equivalent structure would be more than $550.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:13:26 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

It's canada.  No one really cares.  I mean, you can't really respect a country where their beer and urine samples both taste the same!

Offline Suppressed

It's canada.  No one really cares.  I mean, you can't really respect a country where their beer and urine samples both taste the same!

Sorry, but I have great respect for the US.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

Sorry, but I have great respect for the US.

I say it's time to put American Back In North America By Gawd!

Offline RoosGirl

Before getting too excited, there are lots of people who live there saying that it's very cheaply and dangerously made.

I'm sure there's a heck of a lot of markup over what someone could do privately, but to get an equivalent structure would be more than $550.

Dangerous to be sure!  Do you know what kind of splinters people are going to get from that wood railing?!

Offline RoosGirl

I don't even want to know how you know that.