Author Topic: Trump Delivers A Warning To Mueller  (Read 1301 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Delivers A Warning To Mueller
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:56:15 pm »
Trump Delivers A Warning To Mueller

Posted By Alex Pfeiffer On 9:00 PM 07/19/2017 In | No Comments

President Donald Trump told The New York Times Wednesday that it would be improper for special counsel Robert Mueller to investigate his family’s finances in a manner not related to the probe into Russian election interference.

Mueller, a registered Republican, has hired at least seven Democratic donors to join his investigative team, including one attorney who donated roughly $34,000 to federal Democratic candidates.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/19/trump-delivers-a-warning-to-mueller/

Oceander

Re: Trump Delivers A Warning To Mueller
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »
Implying that there is something to be investigated.  Idiot-boy may have just given people like NY's consigliere, I mean attorney general, an excuse to start rummaging around in his financial affairs. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 02:05:18 pm »
Implying that there is something to be investigated.  Idiot-boy may have just given people like NY's consigliere, I mean attorney general, an excuse to start rummaging around in his financial affairs.

It's more likely they'd leak information.  It's always been my feeling that he doesn't have anywhere near the net worth he claims.  That's what he's hiding, not anything illegal, IMO.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 02:10:57 pm »
What in the world would Trump know about 'proper'?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 02:11:13 pm »
It's more likely they'd leak information.  It's always been my feeling that he doesn't have anywhere near the net worth he claims.  That's what he's hiding, not anything illegal, IMO.
:thumbsup2:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 09:13:03 pm »
:thumbsup2:

Oh well, believe what you will.    He's always skated be outside the law.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 09:20:21 pm »
 :pop41:

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 09:23:27 pm »

The NY attorney general is good at ginning stuff up if suitably motivated.  Remember Elliot Spitzer?

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 09:30:46 pm »
The NY attorney general is good at ginning stuff up if suitably motivated.  Remember Elliot Spitzer

Yes, but like most people, I remember him for being Client Number Nine and his Keystone bitter beer face during his resignation conference.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 09:33:35 pm »
Yes, but like most people, I remember him for being Client Number Nine and his Keystone bitter beer face during his resignation conference.

I remember that, too.  Unfortunately he did a heck of a lot of damage to innocents before he got hoist on his own petard. 

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 11:45:57 pm »
It is not up to Trump to decide what Mueller should or should not be investigating. His constant interference and touchiness about this just makes it look like he is guilty and afraid.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 12:03:37 am »
All Trump has to do is shut his mouth. Crap like this is making him act like he is hiding something.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 12:20:38 am »

He perhaps hasn't done anything illegal, just questionable and perhaps some would see as unethical.  As for his money, whether or not he has as much as he says he does is irrelevant. He has more money than most and as I have stated before to give one of the most wealthiest men in the world one of the most powerful positions in the world was sheer lunacy. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 12:22:21 am »
All Trump has to do is shut his mouth. Crap like this is making him act like he is hiding something.

As for Trump shutting his mouth, that would be completely out of character and a lesson he will probably never learn. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 01:15:22 am »
As for his money, whether or not he has as much as he says he does is irrelevant.

That would be true, except for the fact he was the one making an issue of it many times during the campaign.  He used it as a basis for why he'd be able to manage the economy and government spending.  Personally, I find it important if that claim is based on a huge, demonstrable lie.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 01:23:42 am »
Let's hope that Mr. Mueller starts poking his nose into places where it doesn't belong.

That will give Mr. Trump the perfect excuse to fire him.
... And withstand the storm of criticism for having done so.

Set the trap, Donald!

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 01:25:36 am »
Let's hope that Mr. Mueller starts poking his nose into places where it doesn't belong.

Set the trap, Donald!

:bigsilly:

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 01:41:12 am »

Set the trap, Donald!

I have novel idea.. Trump should shut up and cooperate with the investigation.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 02:22:13 am »

I have novel idea.. Trump should shut up and cooperate with the investigation.

Yeah... Through his lawyers.
Not that that will happen or anything...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2017, 02:43:50 am »
Oh well, believe what you will.    He's always skated be outside the law.

Can you cite a specific where he 'he's always skated outside the law?'

Articles, links, etc. with specifics

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 02:54:17 am »
   He's mad because Mueller is sniffing around his TAX Returns, (Condo's in Russia) and, as has been mentioned earlier, it's not just that he's not worth half of what he claims, never was, (how do you accurately monetize the BRAND of an egomaniac), it is instead his charitable giving which is also on par with the Clintons, donating used underwear to Goodwill, as a tax write-off.
   This is a testament to his character and this is something he protects like most narcissist, do.   

Oh wait, the IRS Audit, that's always worked before. :silly:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2017, 03:46:09 am »
:bigsilly:
You laugh but President Trump still has a 36% approval rating.  Firing Mueller might cost him 1 or 2 points, but I doubt the show's writers will have to introduce a war until he gets into the mid-twenties. :pop41:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:48:39 am by Once-Ler »

Offline corbe

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2017, 03:51:07 am »
   The Writers have a big surprise in store for you for Season 2 of the Trump Presidency, @Once-ler ~ the second 6 months, it'll be a hoot, don't touch that dial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-sREpqDiUo
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 03:52:27 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2017, 04:42:43 am »

Set the trap, Donald!

Trump cannot fire Mueller. Only the AG has that authority and he has to provide good reasons to do so to Congress. Since Session recused himself that would be Rosenstein's decision and he has said that so far, he is not inclined to do so.

“(d) The Special Counsel may be disciplined or removed from office only by
the personal action of the Attorney General. The Attorney General may remove
a Special Counsel for misconduct,dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or for other good cause, including violation of Departmental policies. The Attorney General shall inform the Special Counsel in writing of the specific reason for his or her removal.”

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2001-title28-vol2/pdf/CFR-2001-title28-vol2-part600.pdf

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 04:51:16 am »
   The Writers have a big surprise in store for you for Season 2 of the Trump Presidency, @Once-ler ~ the second 6 months, it'll be a hoot, don't touch that dial.
I can't stop watching it.  It reminds me a lot of the first season of the Clinton Administration.  Clinton comes in with a rat Congress with less than a majority of the popular vote.  A VRWC spreading fake news.  Of course not everything is the same.  Clinton passes tax increases, and NAFTA, and fought like a sonuvabitch for Universal Healthcare, but there was excitement and intrigue every week.  Incredible scandals and compelling hearings.  Characters dropping like flies because they got fired or worse.

This season is turning out to just as compelling but the "Fake News" story line is getting a little stale.  Firing Mueller would really heat up the show.