Author Topic: Limiting Cooperation With ICE: Denver Considers Bill to Protect Undocumented Immigrants  (Read 527 times)

rangerrebew

Limiting Cooperation With ICE: Denver Considers Bill to Protect Undocumented Immigrants
Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 9:30 a.m.
By Chris Walker

This morning, Denver City Council members Robin Kniech and Paul Lopez introduced a draft of a bill that they’ve been working on that would codify and clarify Denver’s practices around federal immigration enforcement and interacting with ICE.

Kniech and Lopez held a listening session with the public to answer questions about the proposal, which includes codifying some informal practices that Denver already follows, such as not honoring ICE detainers (when the feds ask local jails to hold inmates past their release dates) and not collecting information about residents’ immigration status except in cases where it's required by state or federal law.

http://www.westword.com/news/denver-city-council-considers-bill-to-protest-undocumented-immigrants-9274650
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:29:41 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Mom MD

Unfortunately it goes right along with my marijuana loving tax loving illegal loving once conservative but still physically beautiful state   We are truly the eastern suburbs of California.   Fortunately there are still some conservative suburbs to reside in.
God is still in control

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

How to destroy the rule of law in one easy step.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, what do you expect from someplace where people can crap in the streets and have sex on the sidewalk?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis