Author Topic: 1,300-pound great white shark moves 50 miles off Virginia-North Carolina border  (Read 819 times)

rangerrebew

1,300-pound great white shark moves 50 miles off Virginia-North Carolina border

By Lee Tolliver
    The Virginian-Pilot
    19 hrs ago

Hey Hilton, make up your mind.

This Ocearch-tagged great white shark can't seem to make up his mind whether he wants to go north or south.

Tuesday morning he surfaced about 50 miles off the Virginia-North Carolina border, then four hours later had swam south, sending a satellite ping about 30 miles east of Nags Head.

https://pilotonline.com/life/wildlife-nature/pound-great-white-shark-moves-miles-off-virginia-north-carolina/article_ad9ba016-09ff-5c31-932b-21b72228f9f1.html
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:46:47 am by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
1,300-pound great white shark moves 50 miles off Virginia-North Carolina border

By Lee Tolliver
    The Virginian-Pilot
    19 hrs ago

Hey Hilton, make up your mind.

This Ocearch-tagged great white shark can't seem to make up his mind whether he wants to go north or south.

Tuesday morning he surfaced about 50 miles off the Virginia-North Carolina border, then four hours later had swam south, sending a satellite ping about 30 miles east of Nags Head.

https://pilotonline.com/life/wildlife-nature/pound-great-white-shark-moves-miles-off-virginia-north-carolina/article_ad9ba016-09ff-5c31-932b-21b72228f9f1.html
See one fin, one day, and the T-shirt vendors will sell 5 million copies of "I survived Jaws 2017" t shirts, mostly to people who never got their feet wet...

Psssst! Hilton! Yankees taste better!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:43:54 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis