Author Topic: Boston fears Islamophobia, blankets city bus stops with ‘building the safe space’ guides  (Read 562 times)

rangerrebew

Boston fears Islamophobia, blankets city bus stops with ‘building the safe space’ guides

By Douglas Ernst - The Washington Times - Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Boston bus stops will be blanketed for the next two weeks with signs aimed at ridding the city of “Islamophobia.”

The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center cheered an initiative launched on Monday by Democrat Mayor Martin J. Walsh’s office. Citizens taking public transit are likely to encounter 50 signs to educate them on how to stop Muslims from being harassed.

“These posters are one tool we have to send the message that all are welcome in Boston,” Mr. Walsh said in a statement, the Boston Globe reported Monday. “Education is key to fighting intolerance, and these posters share a simple strategy for engaging with those around you.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/18/boston-fears-islamophobia-blankets-city-bus-stops-/
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:28:42 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Maybe they should just put pressure cookers on every streetcorner, just to show how frigging 'inclusive' they are.

****slapping
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 10:08:11 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'Safe space' is liberal doubletalk meaning that some preferred groups have freedoms and rights in said area, while non-preferred groups do not.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 12:45:11 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline rodamala

Maybe they can also put up ads for the 2 for 1 sale on pressure cookers at Williams Sonoma?

Offline rodamala

Maybe they should just put pressure cookers on every streetcorner, just to show how frigging 'inclusive' they are.

****slapping

I swear... I didn't see your post before I wrote mine.

Wingnut

These posters are one tool we have to send the message that all are welcome in Boston,” Mr. Walsh

Well the only tool I see is Mayor Walsh.   And he ain't the sharpest one in the shed.

Mayor Mumbles would be turning over in his grave.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I swear... I didn't see your post before I wrote mine.
LOL! GMTA!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis