Author Topic: Mr. Trump regrets (Sessions out?)  (Read 1214 times)

Offline endicom

Mr. Trump regrets (Sessions out?)
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:22:26 am »
Power Line
Scott Johnson
July 19, 2017

President Trump has given a wide-raning interview to New York Times reporters Peter Baker, Michael Schmidt and Maggie Haberman. The Mueller investigation is on his mind in a big way. President Trump observes: “Sessions should have never recused himself, and if he was going to recuse himself, he should have told me before he took the job and I would have picked somebody else” (audio below). The President further characterizes Sessions’s recusal as “extremely unfair, and that’s a mild word, to the president” (a point he makes twice).

More... http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/07/mr-trump-regrets.php

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Re: Mr. Trump regrets (Sessions out?)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:36:49 am »
So the always ethically challenged Trump would have had Sessions violate his professional ethics to give Trump and his family cover from their questionable behaviors?

Of course he would. The only good thing about Trump is that he wasn't Hillary.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 01:39:36 am »
So the always ethically challenged Trump would have had Sessions violate his professional ethics to give Trump and his family cover from their questionable behaviors?

Of course he would. The only good thing about Trump is that he wasn't Hillary.

He's saying that Sessions should have informed him he would recuse himself once in office. That's reasonable.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 01:42:34 am »

He's saying that Sessions should have informed him he would recuse himself once in office. That's reasonable.

Any attorney who wants to retain their law license would recuse themselves. Trump is showing his true character in wanting people to personally and professionally compromise themselves to protect Trump and his family.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:46:24 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 01:49:36 am »
Trumps administration is turning into a dumpster fire.  He has pulled back from several appointments at least it seems a lot more than previous administrations.  It's like a train wreck.  You can't look away
God is still in control

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 01:55:05 am »

Trump demands loyalty from others, and in return he offers none.

It's hard to muster any compassion for Sessions.  After all, he is the one who got this circus started.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 02:04:07 am »
Trump demands loyalty from others, and in return he offers none.

It's hard to muster any compassion for Sessions.  After all, he is the one who got this circus started.

That he did. He was my Senator and i felt he sold out Cruz for the promise of a future appointment. He definitely brought this on himself.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 02:05:25 am »
Any attorney who wants to retain their law license would recuse themselves. Trump is showing his true character in wanting people to personally and professionally compromise themselves to protect Trump and his family.

Sessions wasn't the only possible choice. Trump could have chosen someone not having to recuse his or her self if Sessions had informed him.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 02:08:42 am »
I was furious when Sessions recused himself...a lot of this Russia crap could have been nipped in the bud.
I personally think Trump should ask him to resign and appoint someone else.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 02:20:17 am »
I was furious when Sessions recused himself...a lot of this Russia crap could have been nipped in the bud.

I didn't know if the thing had been worked out beforehand. Now it seems that Trump was blindsided.

I personally think Trump should ask him to resign and appoint someone else.

Wouldn't the new appointee have to go through the whatchacallit process?

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2017, 02:39:33 am »
   GWB had 3 AG's, obummer 2, Trump' still on course here to beat Ulysses S Grant with 5.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 03:08:49 am »
Sessions is dirt to me.

His approval of starting a Federal Civil Asset Forfeiture enterprise in all 50 states is the height of tyranny by turning law enforcement into Highwaymen.

His dismissal or resignation will be very welcome to me.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 03:13:50 am »
Trumps administration is turning into a dumpster fire.  He has pulled back from several appointments at least it seems a lot more than previous administrations.  It's like a train wreck.  You can't look away

Personally I think he's deliberately not nominating people to fill the positions. Every person he nominates is another voice potentially telling him he's wrong and he can't accept that.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 03:33:49 am »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/342843-trump-sessions-recusal-unfair-to-me
Trump: Sessions recusal 'unfair' to me
@mystery-ak

Sessions had already scheduled a press conference for tomorrow about something.  After Trump said what he did, I hope Sessions resigns and walks away.

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 04:00:52 am »

How?  The scandal didn't get to the investigation stage until *AFTER* Sessions was nominated and confirmed.

Someone's putting the cart before the horse here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 04:37:56 am »

Sessions wasn't the only possible choice. Trump could have chosen someone not having to recuse his or her self if Sessions had informed him.
Precisely. But now that Sessions has declared war on private property through Civil Asset Forfeiture, if they can get enough smoke out of the dumpster and replace him, maybe that will slip through the smokescreen unnoticed.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 04:39:01 am »
Personally I think he's deliberately not nominating people to fill the positions. Every person he nominates is another voice potentially telling him he's wrong and he can't accept that.
One in four nominees have been approved by Congress, and the Dems are sandbagging on the OKs.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 07:27:41 am »
Recess appointment?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 10:36:48 am »
One in four nominees have been approved by Congress, and the Dems are sandbagging on the OKs.

He hasn't even nominated hundreds. That's not the fault of the democrats.

Offline DB

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 11:13:54 am »
Sessions is dirt to me.

His approval of starting a Federal Civil Asset Forfeiture enterprise in all 50 states is the height of tyranny by turning law enforcement into Highwaymen.

His dismissal or resignation will be very welcome to me.

Anyone associated with the Trump admin is going to burn in time. Sessions deserves to burn.

Offline endicom

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 11:14:51 am »
Precisely. But now that Sessions has declared war on private property through Civil Asset Forfeiture, if they can get enough smoke out of the dumpster and replace him, maybe that will slip through the smokescreen unnoticed.

CAF is about as un-American as it gets. I'd hoped that was just some minor bug of his.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 11:37:21 am »
He hasn't even nominated hundreds. That's not the fault of the democrats.
Just shy of 200 last count, and I agree, this is something that needs to be taken care of. The White House should be nominating them, and it is one of the things Congress should be making a priority of while they are hiding behind the smokescreen of on again, off again, repeal/replacement of Obamacare, when the writing on the wall says that neither of those is going to happen.
 No machine can function efficiently while missing parts, and holdover staff tend to be loyal to those who gave them their jobs in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 11:38:06 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 11:39:54 am »
CAF is about as un-American as it gets. I'd hoped that was just some minor bug of his.
What I see is a policy that will be implemented and held over after Sessions is replaced, with the current office holder having deniability over the whole policy and able to say they inherited it. The policy needs to go whether Sessions does or not.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 11:56:47 am »
What I see is a policy that will be implemented and held over after Sessions is replaced, with the current office holder having deniability over the whole policy and able to say they inherited it. The policy needs to go whether Sessions does or not.

Trump has openly stated that he thinks eminent domain seizures are great for making property more profitable and Sessions feelings on CAF were well known.

Sounds like a match made in heaven to me.