Author Topic: Trump told GOP senators to cancel their recess and repeal Obamacare  (Read 507 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By Mark Hensch

President Trump on Wednesday demanded that Republican senators cancel their August recess and keep working on repealing Obamacare.

“We shouldn’t leave town until this is complete,” he said at a White House lunch about the Senate’s repeal efforts, according to The Hill.

“We should hammer this out and get it done,” Trump added, noting repeal should be followed by new legislation replacing the controversial healthcare law.

Trump’s remarks follow the collapse of the GOP senators’ latest plan for repealing and replacing Obamacare Tuesday.

Some Twitter users on Wednesday criticized Trump’s treatment of Obamacare, a law he vowed to scrap during his 2016 presidential campaign.

more
https://www.circa.com/story/2017/07/19/politics/trump-tells-gop-senators-to-cancel-recess-repeal-obamacare
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Trump told GOP senators to cancel their recess and repeal Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 10:28:39 pm »
Report out late this afternoon from the CBO that canceling Obamacare will leave 17 million uninsured. My answer is SO! What's their point?  I can't afford a $40,000 automobile, but does that mean I should get the government to help me buy one? No. Also making insurance affordable does not equate to making getting necessary medical care affordable. There in lies the issue.  Doctors don't work pro bono, yet charge as much as lawyers, for rear of getting sued. Making medicine more affordable means going after the problem not another government imposed taxation solution.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 11:27:55 pm »
Report out late this afternoon from the CBO that canceling Obamacare will leave 17 million uninsured. My answer is SO! What's their point?  I can't afford a $40,000 automobile, but does that mean I should get the government to help me buy one? No. Also making insurance affordable does not equate to making getting necessary medical care affordable. There in lies the issue.  Doctors don't work pro bono, yet charge as much as lawyers, for rear of getting sued. Making medicine more affordable means going after the problem not another government imposed taxation solution.

Making medical care more affordable means having the government stay the heL* out!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 12:27:51 pm »
I thought that Trump said do nothing?
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 12:39:24 pm »
Maybe I just didn't see it, but I didn't notice any major effort on Trump's part to push for repeal.  If the repeal of Obamacare  was so important, why wasn't he all over the place pushing for it?  Why wasnt he schmoozing or even strong-arming McConnell, Ryan and the rest?  This is the great deal maker, the guy who knows how to negotiate to get what he wants.  A few Twitter jabs doesn't didn't do the job.