Author Topic: 'Let them eat food off the floor, play in the soil!': It IS important to expose your children to germs to boost their immune system, expert urges  (Read 687 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Let them eat food off the floor, play in the soil!': It IS important to expose your children to germs to boost their immune system, expert urges

Exposing youngsters to microbes gives them a stronger immune systems
    Over-sterlising mean today's children have poorer defences than our ancestors
    Don't worry about mud and pets, says germ expert professor Jack Gilber
    Hand sanitizer are more damaging to a child's health than soapy water, he says
    Parents should lick children's dummies instead of cleaning them, he urged

By Claudia Tanner For Mailonline

Published: 06:42 EDT, 18 July 2017 | Updated: 06:42 EDT, 18 July 2017

As parents, we can't help fret about keeping our children clean and safe from harm.

But over-sterlising their environment may be doing them more harm than good.

Exposing youngsters to microbes widespread in the great outdoors will give them a stronger, more robust immune system.

That's according to professor Jack Gilbert, co-author of 'Dirt is Good: The Advantage of Germs for Your Child's Developing Immune System'.

Indeed, the germ expert – and parent – claims that our addiction to indoor-based, uber-clean lifestyles are weakening our children's defences against illness.

'Most parents think all germs are bad, that is not true. Most will just stimulate your immune system and make you stronger,' Prof Gilbert told The Independent.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4706400/Expose-children-germs-boost-immune-system.html#ixzz4nG1igLtn
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Parents should also give their children   more fermented foods which contain bacteria.

Growing up, when I went for a  drive with my Dad, he'd have me finish off his beer for him. Until Mom found out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 02:21:53 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Usually it's rangerrebew who posts these garbage clickbait articles!

:nono:

Wingnut

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is absolutely true. I think it's part of the reason kids have so many allergies today.
The Republic is lost.

Wingnut

This is absolutely true. I think it's part of the reason kids have so many allergies today.

Once we became "civilized" and at the invent indoor plumbing in urban areas we started losing our immunity to certain bugs.  We washed away our protective crust. The 1st polio epidemic is a good example.

Offline rodamala

Mark my words, hand sanitizers (well... and soybean oil) will one day be found to be the leading cause of "ADHD", allergies, liberal voting, and all other sorts of faggotry.

Offline RoosGirl

Mark my words, hand sanitizers (well... and soybean oil) will one day be found to be the leading cause of "ADHD", allergies, liberal voting, and all other sorts of faggotry.

Lol!

Offline RoosGirl

Is a booger considered a fermented food?

There was an article I read a while ago about how eating boogers may actually not be such a bad thing.  Since many of the colds bugs we get live in the nose, eating boogers containing those bugs and sending them to our gut could help our immune system fight off the cold quicker/easier.  So eat up, buddy. :)

Online Polly Ticks

Meh, I have 5 boys and 2 indoor dogs.  My house isn't completely filthy but it certainly isn't anywhere close to sterile, and I had a kid suddenly develop a severe peanut allergy a couple of years ago.  It's a mystery.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Polly Ticks

There was an article I read a while ago about how eating boogers may actually not be such a bad thing.  Since many of the colds bugs we get live in the nose, eating boogers containing those bugs and sending them to our gut could help our immune system fight off the cold quicker/easier.  So eat up, buddy. :)

:bolt:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's not that I disagree with the premise, people are way to overprotective of children nowadays, but couldn't the story come from anywhere else than the Daily mail?