Author Topic: GOP rep asks NASA panel if there were ancient civilizations on Mars  (Read 800 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
 winner of the Shelia Jackson Lee award

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) on Tuesday pressed NASA on whether ancient civilizations existed on Mars.

Rohrabacher asked a panel of space experts testifying before the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology if civilizations could have existed on Mars thousands of years ago.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news-lawmaker-news/342584-gop-rep-asks-nasa-panel-if-there-were-ancient

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: GOP rep asks NASA panel if there were ancient civilizations on Mars
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 03:08:01 pm »
I thought Rohrabacher had more sense than that. Disappointing, very disappointing.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 03:09:05 pm »
Idiocracy

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:11:06 pm »
Well, there were!

They existed on these martians island, but all the martians moved to one side of the island and they tipped over, causing the civilizations to be lost forever.

Sad.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 03:12:16 pm »
Man, next thing you know someone in congress will think Guam will capsize if we add anymore Marines on the island.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 04:13:46 pm »

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 04:23:38 pm »
The correct answer to her question is , yes there is a definite possibility that an ancient civilization existed on Mars and we'll need about $2Trillion to further investigate it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 04:32:49 pm »
I thought Rohrabacher had more sense than that. Disappointing, very disappointing.

Well you may not be in the know on this, but there was a compelling documentary on this topic proving definitively that there is life on Mars.....

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 05:52:14 pm »

Face on EARTH!

Pyramid structures!

They're EVERYWHERE!

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Wingnut