Author Topic: Town Upset After American Flags from Cemetery Were Thrown in Dumpster  (Read 609 times)

rangerrebew

Town Upset After American Flags from Cemetery Were Thrown in Dumpster

By Martin Lioll
on July 3, 2017 at 5:50am

Residents in one Missouri town are furious after a maintenance company threw away a bundle of American flags they had collected from graves in a local cemetery.

According to KTVI-TV, the incident occurred in Elsberry, Missouri, where Alliance Water Resources — a maintenance support company — took the flags off of veterans’ graves in the Elsberry Cemetery and threw them in the trash. Angry veterans groups were told that the flags were thrown away as part of the cleaning and mowing of the cemetery.

http://conservativetribune.com/town-furious-bundle-flags/?utm_source=www.westernjournalism.com&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=hpfeaturedlinks
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 12:07:57 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
A guy I knew taught courses for Defense Acquisition University.
He taught a one week course at  Detroit Arsenal Army Base in Warren, MI.
The conference room that hosted the class
had previously hosted a promotion ceremony
for one of the Army officers stationed there.
After the ceremony, these Army officers
threw a bunch of flags in the trash!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When I was a Boy Scout (and a Cub Scout) we were taught proper flag etiquette and respect. But then, the Boy Scouts were a different organization then.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

On Flag Day every year, the railroad I worked at would give out little American flags to all the kids riding their summer passenger train ride.

The woman in the office went and bought these little junk paper flags glued onto bamboo shish kebab skewers to hand out... for like 2 cents each.

When they came in I looked at them and printed right on the paper flag it said Made In China.

I went and found an American company that made cloth hand flags with hardwood dowels for staffs and the were about a Dollar each.  I used my own money and bought them, and the day they arrived I uncerimoniously threw out the Oriental Trading Company garbage ones.