Author Topic: Chevy Forced To Extend Shutdown Of Bolt Plant After Realizing That Literally No One Wants A Bolt  (Read 3888 times)

Wingnut

I have severe range anxiety so you'll never catch me dead in a BEV.  I might consider a PHEV at some time in the future.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Not when it's shit, overpriced and subsidized by my tax dollars.  I'll buy the best quality that I can afford.  If that means I'm buying something from Korea or Mexico - so be it.
I have 5 GM and a Dodge on the pavement. But the youngest is old enough to vote. No road salt here, so vehicles last a long time if you don't beat them up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

2017 YTD % Change
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/07/u-s-auto-sales-brand-brand-results-june-2017-ytd/

Alfa Romeo 1,152% increase
Jaguar 88.0%
Maserati 30.3%
Industry Total -2.1%

Wow. I was just at the Maserati dealer two weeks ago looking for a business lease on a Ghibli. Great car, but the place was a ghost town and their lease deals suck. Who the hell still does closed end deals?

Offline Frank Cannon

I have severe range anxiety so you'll never catch me dead in a BEV.  I might consider a PHEV at some time in the future.

Thought you of all people would love a car with shitty range and a bike rack.

Wingnut

Thought you of all people would love a car with shitty range and a bike rack.

Hold on there Skippy!   
I'm Green but I ain't brainwashed stupid dumb. :police:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Wow. I was just at the Maserati dealer two weeks ago looking for a business lease on a Ghibli. Great car, but the place was a ghost town and their lease deals suck. Who the hell still does closed end deals?
Did you peek at the new midsized SUV, called Stelvio?

With 280 hp turbo 4 cyl. it is under $50k, and with 500+ hp turbo v6 is is $77k.

That category, small-mid sized SUV/crossover/wagon is the hottest category around here.

My wife observed that all the luxury brands are showing them, Bentley, Jag. etc. And more and more size options.

Of course the American brands are following.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

Did you peek at the new midsized SUV, called Stelvio?

With 280 hp turbo 4 cyl. it is under $50k, and with 500+ hp turbo v6 is is $77k.

That category, small-mid sized SUV/crossover/wagon is the hottest category around here.

My wife observed that all the luxury brands are showing them, Bentley, Jag. etc. And more and more size options.

Of course the American brands are following.

The only SUV they had was a Levante. It was cool, but didn't do anything for me. I got a 90 Suburban if I feel like driving a truck. My buddy just bought a Porsche Macon though that runs like a raped date. Fun SUV.

Offline Frank Cannon

Hold on there Skippy!   
I'm Green but I ain't brainwashed stupid dumb. :police:

Not calling you green. Just a degenerate bike rider who would love an excuse to peddle the rest of the trip after the batteries drained.

Wingnut

Not calling you green. Just a degenerate bike rider who would love an excuse to peddle the rest of the trip after the batteries drained.

Well, I never!  The only thing I'll drain is scotch, whisky, vodka...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Not when it's shit, overpriced and subsidized by my tax dollars.  I'll buy the best quality that I can afford.  If that means I'm buying something from Korea or Mexico - so be it.

Why am I not surprised that, of all the folks on this board, you'd be the least inclined to buy things made by the fellow members of your community?   

There is so much about you that makes my skin crawl. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why am I not surprised that, of all the folks on this board, you'd be the least inclined to buy things made by the fellow members of your community?   

You crack me up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

Well thank you for that concise political commentary, but I think I'd rather delve into something a little less personal for the posters here at TBR.  How would you describe your testicles?