Author Topic: Hugh Hewitt Show - South Dakota Senator John Thune on What’s Next in the Senate on Obamacare Repeal  (Read 701 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
South Dakota Senator John Thune on What’s Next in the Senate on Obamacare Repeal
Tweet Email Email Print
Advertisement

The audio:

07-18hhs-thune

The transcript:

HH: I’m joined by the third-ranking Republican in the United States Senate, John Thune of South Dakota. Good morning, Senator, it is great to talk to you, though I am deeply disappointed in your caucus.

JT: You and me, both, Hugh. Thank you, it’s always nice to be with you.

HH: I will never understand refusing to debate…

JT: Right.

HH: People go to the Senate in order to debate, and I will never understand abdication of Constitutional duty. They could have voted against the bill, right, in the end if they didn’t like it.

JT: Correct. Yeah, that’s the most frustrating part, is we can’t even get on the bill and have that conversation, and unlimited number of amendments, and an unlimited number of votes. Everybody would get a chance to shape the bill once we get on it. But yeah, so…

HH: Well now, explain to us what Senator McConnell has announced in detail. What is the plan, and what is the schedule?

JT: Well, I think that he wants to keep on the schedule as soon as Senator McCain returns, and to call the bill up, and to try and get on, now, a full repeal. I mean, a lot of our members have been saying the reason they can’t vote for this is because it’s not full repeal. We have most of our members who 18 months ago voted for a full repeal bill. And so I guess this is an opportunity for everybody to see if that’s what we, what we want to do, and then allow a transition, a couple year transition in order for us to replace it at some later point.

Continued: http://www.hughhewitt.com/south-dakota-senator-john-thune-whats-next-senate-obamacare-repeal/