Author Topic: Senator Joins Ethics Probe That Could Get EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Disbarred  (Read 275 times)

Offline Suppressed

Senator Joins Ethics Probe That Could Get EPA Chief Scott Pruitt Disbarred
The former Oklahoma attorney general is under investigation for misleading Congress about his emails.
By Alexander C. Kaufman
07/18/2017 10:56 am ET | Updated 4 hours ago
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-pruitt-ethics-probe_us_596cf43ce4b0e983c05800ed

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt has been caught repeatedly misleading Congress about his use of different email accounts during his six years as Oklahoma’s attorney general.

He said he used just one email, when he actually had two. He sent official correspondence from a personal address, and appeared to deliberately delay public-records requests to cover his tracks before facing a Senate confirmation hearing.

Now, a senator involved in that confirmation process is backing an effort that could get Pruitt disbarred in his home state, Oklahoma, for violating ethics rules.

Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) plans to submit a lengthy statement and 60 pages of evidence to the Oklahoma Bar Association on Tuesday for its investigation into Pruitt, whom he accuses of lying to him during and after the hearing before the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee. The bar association began probing Pruitt in March in response to an ethics complaint filed by an environmental group and a University of Oklahoma law professor.

Whitehouse, in a letter provided to HuffPost before he submitted it to the bar association, says Pruitt’s “misleading answers, evasiveness, and stonewalling” prevented lawmakers from fully vetting the candidate before advancing his nomination for a Senate confirmation vote.

Excerpt.  Read more at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-pruitt-ethics-probe_us_596cf43ce4b0e983c05800ed
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Very biased writing and video, but they seem to have the best coverage of the story (likely from collusion with the senator).
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh good. A Rhode Island Communist is involving his worthless self into a matter that is an Oklahoma matter that at the end of the day will matter not a whit to anything national. Last I heard, you do not need a law license to be the EPA Chief.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What I think is cute is that a Democrat wants to open the can of festering worms dealing with official email sent from private accounts, which would lead directly back on Hillary.

Apparently the communist in question wanted Bernie...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis