Author Topic: Charlize Theron on a mission to defy gender norms in ‘Atomic Blonde’  (Read 1899 times)

Offline endicom

OANN
Jonathan Crane
July 18, 2017

...MI6’s lethal bisexual assassin Lorraine Broughton (Theron) in Berlin in 1989. Broughton is on a mission to recover a list of double agents, in a city simmering with revolution and double-crossing hives of traitors.

More... http://www.oann.com/charlize-theron-on-a-mission-to-defy-gender-norms-in-atomic-blonde/

No one will want to see this movie.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Looks like an awesome movie to me. Hot chick, guns, explosions.

Offline endicom

I think the purpose is to have a bilesbo heroine but it might just be a good movie.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

I think the purpose is to have a bilesbo heroine but it might just be a good movie.
Yeah, the lip-lock in the trailer was enough I'll read about it someday.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goodwithagun

When they use the phrase "gender norms" I accept it that they are admitting that the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ stuff is abnormal.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Was wondering how you could be bi if you either had the gay gene or you didn't.  :whistle:
The Republic is lost.

Offline goodwithagun

Was wondering how you could be bi if you either had the gay gene or you didn't.  :whistle:

Lol! But the party of science . . .  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online Smokin Joe

Maybe they found a gene that is a switch hitter.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

Maybe they found a gene that is a switch hitter.

That's a Jean.

Online Smokin Joe

That's a Jean.
Nope, it's baa-aack. (one more reason not to like flip flops).

C S Lewis

Mad Max

Re: Charlize Theron on a mission to defy gender norms in ‘Atomic Blonde’
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 06:43:44 am »
If you want to see a good film, spend your money on "Dunkirk". I have seen the film three times. The entire cast did an excellent job.The characters are based in history, but are fictional. This is a knockout performance of Kenneth Branagh.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:54:39 am by Mad Max »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 07:36:41 am »
Charlize Theron is the picture definition of pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside, on my list of won't pay a penny to see one of their movies.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 09:25:53 pm »
If you want to see a good film, spend your money on "Dunkirk". I have seen the film three times. The entire cast did an excellent job.The characters are based in history, but are fictional. This is a knockout performance of Kenneth Branagh.
@Mad Max

Did you get the opportunity to see it on IMAX?  I didn't get IMAX 70 mm, but digital.  Still....WOW!

The audio experience...those rifle bullets felt like they were actually striking my seat.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 09:30:07 pm »

Branagh is good in everything he's in.   He was very good as Heydrich in "Conspiracy."

Mad Max

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 11:05:50 pm »
Branagh is good in everything he's in.   He was very good as Heydrich in "Conspiracy."

:beer:

Mad Max

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 11:07:17 pm »
@Mad Max

Did you get the opportunity to see it on IMAX?  I didn't get IMAX 70 mm, but digital.  Still....WOW!

The audio experience...those rifle bullets felt like they were actually striking my seat.

I did not know that they had an IMAX version. Christopher Nolan really did a fantastic job in directing this film. He might win an Academy Award for this film.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:13:38 pm by Mad Max »

Mad Max

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 11:11:21 pm »
@Mad Max

:beer:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 11:18:54 pm »

And he played Kurt Wallander in the English language version of "Wallander." A series on Netflix.

He acts, and has directed too. He can do an American accent, too.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln