Author Topic: Donald Trump just put Venezuela on notice  (Read 680 times)

Offline endicom

Donald Trump just put Venezuela on notice
« on: July 18, 2017, 09:30:54 pm »
Hot Air
Jazz Shaw
July 18, 2017

There wasn’t much coverage of this in the press last night, but after the Venezuelan people went to the polls and expressed their displeasure with President Nicolas Maduro’s plans to essentially scrap their constitution, the White House issued a surprisingly strong response. President Trump put out a statement saying that we will stand with the people of that country in defense of their democracy and threatened swift action against Maduro if he continues on with his plans.

More... http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/18/donald-trump-just-put-venezuela-notice/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Donald Trump just put Venezuela on notice
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 01:26:03 am »
Good for him.

I don't see any reason for our troops to be put on the line in a worthless country full of worthless people called Afghanistan.

I see MUCH reason that those troops be brought back to the Western Hemisphere and sent to Venezuela to depose that commie dictator Maduro and dispose of his "army".

How long would they last against our troops?

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:37:48 am »
Good for him.

I don't see any reason for our troops to be put on the line in a worthless country full of worthless people called Afghanistan.

I see MUCH reason that those troops be brought back to the Western Hemisphere and sent to Venezuela to depose that commie dictator Maduro and dispose of his "army".

He's not proposing the use of troops. Unspecified economic sanctions.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:38:06 am by endicom »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 02:18:51 am »
endicom wrote:
"He's not proposing the use of troops. Unspecified economic sanctions."

I realize that.

It is I proposing such use!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 05:19:46 am »
Disable one oil rig a day until he quits.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 05:29:37 am »
endicom wrote:
"He's not proposing the use of troops. Unspecified economic sanctions."

I realize that.

It is I proposing such use!

Ah! He seems to disapprove of the use of troops by the last two presidents so I think he'll disappoint you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 05:30:31 am »
Good for him.

If you have been following along on your Playbill, the bus driver is finished. The country is basically on the edge of anarchy. No services, no food, no supplies. They can't even afford to buy the paper to print high denominations of money to keep up with the rampant inflation. Maduro seems to have blown through all the treasury's gold and now they are down to selling the bathroom fixtures.

Even if the bus driver goes full tilt dictator, there isn't anything to dictate over. Within the next year, he will be filling his suitcases with looted American dollars and exiling to some friendly nation. I understand Spain is the go to place for these sorts of "New Money" types.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 08:43:59 am »
If you have been following along on your Playbill, the bus driver is finished. The country is basically on the edge of anarchy. No services, no food, no supplies. They can't even afford to buy the paper to print high denominations of money to keep up with the rampant inflation. Maduro seems to have blown through all the treasury's gold and now they are down to selling the bathroom fixtures.

Even if the bus driver goes full tilt dictator, there isn't anything to dictate over. Within the next year, he will be filling his suitcases with looted American dollars and exiling to some friendly nation. I understand Spain is the go to place for these sorts of "New Money" types.
Their last source of revenue in the global markets is oil, and they have effed that up, too, however parts of that industry are still going. My bet is that much of that money is going to more private accounts rather than the national treasury. Whether through negotiation, military intervention or what it takes, shut down oil shipments, and you stop the economy. If our CIA hasn't been tracking who's who in the resistance, if our State Department doesn't know who are the power players down there who can pull the country together and get it through privation and back to a market economy, then they have dropped the ball (which would not be so unusual). Back the right people and tighten sanctions. Find out who the good guys are and print up packages of toilet paper with their names on the wrapper and Maduro's on the roll (every sheet). Air drop the arsewipe...and some MREs... and the promise of a brighter future will be on everyone's lips.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis