Author Topic: Trump blindsided by implosion of GOP health care bill  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Trump blindsided by implosion of GOP health care bill
« Reply #75 on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:39 am »
It's the system that I'm objecting to - why should the fact and quality of your health care be so dependent on the employer you happen to work for? 

What does my employer have to do with the quality of health care?  My employer is not a health care provider.  Let's stay on topic.

It's an arbitrary distinction between two folks with equal drive and ambition and equal virtue -   

So you think all employers should pay the same wages and have people work the same hours as well?   Think about what you are saying.  If you don't like the deal your employer offers, go find another employer.  Good grief, stop acting like such a victim while accepting a paycheck.

one gets cancer and beats it, and the other gets cancer and either succumbs for lack of health coverage, or is bankrupted in the process.   

Or one who gets cancer, but doesn't find out about it because he lost the insurance he had before and no longer has access to a doctor in network, thanks to government mandates.  But then you don't give a damn about that person.  All you care about is the person who has what you do not.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2017, 02:49:46 am »
You attribute hard work to being lucky.  You obviously do not know the meaning of hard work if you denigrate someone who decides to work for a company or industry that he chooses BECAUSE it will offer a reward for his services.  Luck?  Go get ahold of Ted Kennedy's ghost.  He has a lot to say on the subject.

We choose our own path in this country.  America is the land of opportunity.

Ditto.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2017, 02:54:09 am »
You attribute hard work to being lucky.  You obviously do not know the meaning of hard work if you denigrate someone who decides to work for a company or industry that he chooses BECAUSE it will offer a reward for his services.  Luck?  Go get ahold of Ted Kennedy's ghost.  He has a lot to say on the subject.

We choose our own path in this country.  America is the land of opportunity.
Most people don't get to choose what company or industry they work for anymore. Now, you have better odds of getting a return on a lottery ticket than the 70:1 odds you have of filing a job application that actually gets you hired. If that's not luck, I don't know what is.

If you dare tell me otherwise, I will tell you right now that you haven't followed a career path to a dead end and been left with no viable options for redeeming yourself.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #78 on: July 19, 2017, 11:55:27 am »
Most people don't get to choose what company or industry they work for anymore. Now, you have better odds of getting a return on a lottery ticket than the 70:1 odds you have of filing a job application that actually gets you hired. If that's not luck, I don't know what is.

If you dare tell me otherwise, I will tell you right now that you haven't followed a career path to a dead end and been left with no viable options for redeeming yourself.
Yes, I dare.

Following a career path to a dead end is not being unlucky.  It is choosing NOT to be smart at what to do about your career. 

Yes, I have been laid off.   It was BECAUSE I was not following my own head.  It made me realize that I am the decider in what I do, and what I am good at.  A whole new mindset came about to then do what is the best at the outcome I desired.  NO luck, but hard work and taking advantage of this great land of opportunity.

If you feel hopeless, then you have not done the hard work.  I did not feel hopeless with the 2 years spent looking for a job and the 1000 hours writing letters, on the phone, being interviewed, etc. 
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline endicom

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2017, 02:10:30 pm »

I did not feel hopeless with the 2 years spent looking for a job and the 1000 hours writing letters, on the phone, being interviewed, etc.

I'd have been living in a cardboard box after six months without a job.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2017, 02:24:04 pm »

@jmyrlefuller
Perhaps if you don't have the skills or experience that are in demand.  I'm quite confident I could send out a resume and have 5 interviews within a week. 

The key is to NOT follow a career path to the dead end.   Look ahead and anticipate what might happen.   Take an inventory of your skills and see how you might apply them elsewhere.

I've been laid off before and spent 9 months looking.  Cashed in all my savings and my 401k to pay the mortgage and buy food.   I learned my lesson and understand fully how it feels.  There are options but you have to look at other things outside of the dead career path.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2017, 02:26:06 pm »
What does my employer have to do with the quality of health care?  My employer is not a health care provider.  Let's stay on topic.

So you think all employers should pay the same wages and have people work the same hours as well?   Think about what you are saying.  If you don't like the deal your employer offers, go find another employer.  Good grief, stop acting like such a victim while accepting a paycheck.

Or one who gets cancer, but doesn't find out about it because he lost the insurance he had before and no longer has access to a doctor in network, thanks to government mandates.  But then you don't give a damn about that person.  All you care about is the person who has what you do not.

@Hoodat
The problem is the insurance companies and the fact that nearly all plans are written assuming you work for a big company.  Its not luck that people have good jobs but they should have access to decent plans at a comparable price outside of the employer.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2017, 03:00:07 pm »
Mcconnell is the worst GOP Majority/Minority Leader of my lifetime.  And I'm 60.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2017, 07:02:19 pm »
Mcconnell is the worst GOP Majority/Minority Leader of my lifetime.  And I'm 60.
Trent Lott was also a complete loser.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2017, 07:35:42 pm »
Trent Lott was also a complete loser.

Makes me long for the days of Bill Frist
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2017, 08:18:00 pm »
Makes me long for the days of Bill Frist

Hell, I'd take Tip O'neal today over these asshats.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2017, 08:20:23 pm »
Hell, I'd take Tip O'neal today over these asshats.

At least with Tip you never doubted which side he was on and where his loyalties were at.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!