Author Topic: RESURRECTION: ERTUGRUL -Netflix [subtitled]  (Read 3545 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
RESURRECTION: ERTUGRUL -Netflix [subtitled]
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:11:11 pm »
RESURRECTION: ERTUGRUL  [warning-highly addictive]

It is filmed in Riva, a village in Beykoz, intracity district of Istanbul, and premiered on TRT 1 in Turkey on December 10, 2014. The show is based on the history of the Muslim Oghuz Turks and takes place in the 13th century and centers around the life of Ertuğrul, the father of Osman I, the leader of the Ottoman Turks and the founder and namesake of the dynasty that established and ruled the Ottoman Empire. While only a small principality during Ertuğrul's lifetime, would prevail as a world empire under his son's dynasty for the next six centuries after his death.

Plot

With the Mongol invasions, oppression and slaughters, Turkic tribes flee from Central Asia. The Kayi tribe is one of Oghuz Turkic people with four hundred large nomad tents settling in Anatolia. But they get through a difficult time due to famine. All these nomads want to migrate to a better place where they can start a new life. Suleyman Shah (Serdar Gökhan) is the leader of the Kayi tribe and his two sons Gündoğdu and Ertuğrul are loyal to him.

Ertuğrul (Engin Altan Düzyatan) is a young brave man and the younger son of Suleyman Shah. He often goes hunting with his three close friends. One of day, they come across prisoners taken by the Knights Templar. Ertuğrul and his men save the lives of a young girl named Halime (Esra Bilgiç) and her family from the knights and kill them all.

They bring them to their tribe without knowing their true identity.

Halime and her family belong to a noble family of the Seljuk Empire and were to be executed. Due to their fear of being caught, they don't reveal their true identity. However, their arrival brings new difficulties to the Kayi tribe: the Seljuk Empire threatens war if they don't let their guests go and the Knights Templar seek revenge. For this reason some nomads start to blame Suleyman Shah for not being able to be a good leader. This suits well for Kurdoğlu, sworn brother of Suleyman Shah, who has a hidden agenda. Suleyman Shah takes action and sends Ertuğrul on a vital mission to find new land. For this reason, Ertuğrul and his men go to Aleppo to make an agreement with the Sultan. They set off a chain of events that ultimately will lead to the founding of the Ottoman Empire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCU64JPE1lw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJOyd1DEYE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BcIsLj7Q2Y

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While typically, "seasons" consist of 6 to 23 episodes.....Season 1 has 76 episodes

I'm now on #48.  Each is 45 minutes in length.

The script and cast are sensational.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: RESURRECTION: ERTUGRUL -Netflix [subtitled]
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:28 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBJMmb3RtHs

For those without Netflix.....here is the first episode.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:24:21 pm »
The closed caption on Netflix is synced perfectly.  Not an issue whatsoever.   In fact, it's rather enjoyable to watch it that way.

The script is wonderful, the acting, superb.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 12:35:22 am »
Thanks, I'll have to look at it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 01:06:40 am »
Thanks, I'll have to look at it.

Though the intent was such....they portray Islam much kinder than you might find it in movie made in the West.

But the dialogue is powerful and mesmerizing too.    It raises every emotion to the surface.  Again, not naive to its intended purpose.

@Sanguine    ^-^
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:07:03 am by DCPatriot »

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 02:43:28 am »
RESURRECTION: ERTUGRUL  [warning-highly addictive]

The script and cast are sensational.

goopo I totally agree and I didn't want it to end.  There were parallels throughout the series that reminded me of the "American Spirit" .  There was absolutely nothing about the series that I didn't enjoy.  If American television was producing similar products I might reconsider watching TV again.  Since April of 2016 I have been watching all of the Turkish series.  They are phenomenal!!  I am watching Filinta right now.  It takes place around 1876. 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 03:46:21 am »
goopo I totally agree and I didn't want it to end.  There were parallels throughout the series that reminded me of the "American Spirit" .  There was absolutely nothing about the series that I didn't enjoy.  If American television was producing similar products I might reconsider watching TV again.  Since April of 2016 I have been watching all of the Turkish series.  They are phenomenal!!  I am watching Filinta right now.  It takes place around 1876.

I love how they turn a phrase, so poetically.

The character Ibni Arabi actually lowers my blood pressure.   Selcan puts it thru the roof....that bitch.   And Halime?   OMG!

Suleyman Bey is incredible...Hayme, his wife and mother of Ertugrul, too!

You're right.   It's like reading a good book you never want to end.

And just imagine....Season 2 is 103 episodes!!!   :laugh:

Of course I notice that they portray the Templars as sadistic savages and sinners, but thru watching this, I've a better understanding of Islam and the Holy Quran.

It actually is a beautiful religion, albeit tarnished by these savage jihadists.

My son and I would argue all the time and he'd say...."ISIS has nothing to do with Islam"  I'd yell, "GTFO!!"....with a smirk.

But I'm getting to realize where he's coming from.

@Texas Yellow Rose

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:54:10 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 04:20:50 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 05:37:50 am »
While typically, "seasons" consist of 6 to 23 episodes.....Season 1 has 76 episodes

What type of meth head tweeker would watch 143 solid days of some foreign language Netflix schlock?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 11:20:31 am »
What type of meth head tweeker would watch 143 solid days of some foreign language Netflix schlock?

Welcome back, my friend.    "Schlock"?    That doesn't sound like a word, 'Frank' would use.

Did they torture you the past 3 days?   :laugh:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 11:34:53 am »

In the old country that would be akin to being drawn and quartered. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:35:48 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2017, 12:17:54 pm »
In the old country that would be akin to being drawn and quartered.

LOL!  @catfish1957

Was merely bringing it to members' attention.  Check it out or not...   :shrug:

It's a wonderful story...told by the Muslim POV.

A story of deceit and treachery that should awaken one's every emotion.

And it sure beats going outside in this ridiculous heat/humidity.     ^-^

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:59 pm »
LOL!  @catfish1957

Was merely bringing it to members' attention.  Check it out or not...   :shrug:

It's a wonderful story...told by the Muslim POV.

A story of deceit and treachery that should awaken one's every emotion.

And it sure beats going outside in this ridiculous heat/humidity.     ^-^

I know what you meant.  Historical video/film/movies/doc's are my favorite genre.  In fact I watched a 4 1/2 hr. doc last night on the entire British Monarchy post 1066.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlhItimrgWo
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 04:26:26 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlNjDslNRNk&list=RDKyR2ACvfMvE&index=4

On episode 72 of 76. 

The obligatory slow-motion horses aside, it's a very powerful story.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 04:31:31 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHL514RSiGE&list=RDKyR2ACvfMvE&index=6

How I wish I had the lungs today to learn to play the pan flute.  That...and the cello.   :laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 05:02:14 am »

How I wish I had the lungs today to learn to play the pan flute.  That...and the cello.   :laugh:

Pan flute? This has got to be a gag thread. Top notch. I thought this was real but wanting to play a pan flute was a bridge too far.

Nice work though.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 12:03:37 am »
Pan flute? This has got to be a gag thread. Top notch. I thought this was real but wanting to play a pan flute was a bridge too far.

Nice work though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpjBOmJUahs

@Frank Cannon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdzi-SdAss
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:06:54 am by DCPatriot »

Online DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 12:37:11 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UohsuOlgotE

On episode 83 of 103 Season 2 of 2.

Here is a partial list of the cast.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2017, 01:03:05 pm »
"I saw that, the one thing that subverts a man the most...
is neither the enemy nor the burden on his shoulders...
nor all his sufferings.

The thing that subverts a man the most...
is the wound, stab-in-the-back caused by the betrayal of their closest.
Not being understood, ruins a Brave.

Despite screaming all the facts, no one is hearing you...
Breaks the heart."
          ...Ertugrul

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:35:45 pm by DCPatriot »